Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 2 - The Interview

1192021222325»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

I couldnt tell ya other than i was reading through mails earlier and spotted lyingeyes asking for tips :D ....are u nervous bout starting joe from cork

spudz21 wrote: »
    Are these Reserve interviews that people are talking about?
    I think that might be it!

I reckon its the reserve that , that girl is on about... doubt there still holding interviews now maybe im wronge..what stage u at :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

Are interviews still happening?!

no one seems to think so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

rugby wrote: »
    I reckon its the reserve that , that girl is on about... doubt there still holding interviews now maybe im wronge..what stage u at :rolleyes:

Ah, at stage 0 at the moment:D
    Say I'll be waiting a while for the next recruitment, just working away in the meantime!What about yourself?

There are Reserve interviews going on at the moment so I'd say that is what it is.

Are these Reserve interviews that people are talking about?
    I think that might be it!

Yep id say thats what that girl is chatting about the reserve, or maybe we're wronge ..what stage u at :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Ah, at stage 0 at the moment:D
    Say I'll be waiting a while for the next recruitment, just working away in the meantime!What about yourself?

There are Reserve interviews going on at the moment so I'd say that is what it is.

Soz for posting same thing twice , this computer is doing me head in lol.... i passed my interview last oct still waiting :( reckon ill be a while yet... did u apply ???;)

Soz for posting same thing twice , this computer is doing me head in lol.... i passed my interview last oct still waiting :( reckon ill be a while yet... did u apply ???;)

Well at least you are in the system!:Dthey wont forget about ya!
    No, I haven't applied before, just finished up college last year and was planning on applying then but there hasn't been a campaign since:confused:
    How did ya find your interview?

Well at least you are in the system!:Dthey wont forget about ya!
    No, I haven't applied before, just finished up college last year and was planning on applying then but there hasn't been a campaign since:confused:
    How did ya find your interview?

Hi , I found the interview grand too be honest, it was an hour long but it went well...only thing is didnt hear back for few wks that id passed... i have a few friends that are in the guards so they were a good help and also i did few prep courses :D but looks like ill be waiting a long while too..sign up too public jobs and click on alerts , that ways next time they are recruiting theyll send you on an email....seen as ur finished college best advice head for oz and do loads of travelling :D

Hi , I found the interview grand too be honest, it was an hour long but it went well...only thing is didnt hear back for few wks that id passed... i have a few friends that are in the guards so they were a good help and also i did few prep courses :D but looks like ill be waiting a long while too..sign up too public jobs and click on alerts , that ways next time they are recruiting theyll send you on an email....seen as ur finished college best advice head for oz and do loads of travelling :D

Ah yea,I'm all set up on publicjobs, thanks:D
    Travelling would definitely be something I'm thinking about, am on contract with my job untill sept so depending on what happens then, I might head off:D
    Have a couple of friends who are down in templemore at mo and know a few guards around the area so if I'm ever lucky enough to get as far as interview stage, I will be hassling them for tips!:P
    I'd say it would be worth doing the prep courses for the interview alright!

Ah yea,I'm all set up on publicjobs, thanks:D
    Travelling would definitely be something I'm thinking about, am on contract with my job untill sept so depending on what happens then, I might head off:D
    Have a couple of friends who are down in templemore at mo and know a few guards around the area so if I'm ever lucky enough to get as far as interview stage, I will be hassling them for tips!:P
    I'd say it would be worth doing the prep courses for the interview alright!

I did prep courses for all two stages , what can i say im mad too get in...spent fair few bucks on them... Just hope i get through at some stage cos im pushing on :D:D i spent yr in oz few yrs ago what a yr.... at least ur young enough so another yr or so wont kill ya waiting too get through :)

• Advertisement

I did prep courses for all two stages , what can i say im mad too get in...spent fair few bucks on them... Just hope i get through at some stage cos im pushing on :D:D i spent yr in oz few yrs ago what a yr.... at least ur young enough so another yr or so wont kill ya waiting too get through :)

Yea, I'll just have to find the patience for all the waiting!:D

Yea, I'll just have to find the patience for all the waiting!:D

Happy waiting :D cos ive no bloody patience..... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭sitja

hi guys sorry if this seems silly but have been trying to look up info on the scenario you get asked about in the interview cant seem to find any garda information on publicjobs.ie, but from reading through these threads alot seem to say "do not forget what you wrote about in your real life scenarios" because they seem to ask about them alot, what i want to know is... when do you right about these scenarios??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

There are certain things that cannot be discussed in the forum. Read the charter for further information.
    sitja wrote: »
    hi guys sorry if this seems silly but have been trying to look up info on the scenario you get asked about in the interview cant seem to find any garda information on publicjobs.ie, but from reading through these threads alot seem to say "do not forget what you wrote about in your real life scenarios" because they seem to ask about them alot, what i want to know is... when do you right about these scenarios??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭michealc_87

That is after you apply for a competition and sucessful in the apptitude test .Your asked about scenario's where you showed a certain skill i.e leadership, decision making, etc. You have to fill in examples in your application where you used those skills for them to gain a better understanding of what your like

thanks for reply, sorry psni but was not trying to cause trouble but was just curious to find out at what stage this scenario thing happens? What do you mean apply for a competition? is the scenario test done so on a different day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

thanks for reply, sorry psni but was not trying to cause trouble but was just curious to find out at what stage this scenario thing happens? What do you mean apply for a competition? is the scenario test done so on a different day?

I don't mean to sound rude but, have a good read of all the material on here in the different threads and you will have a better idea of all the questions you are asking.
    The whole process of applying for AGS is called a competition, from start to finish.:)

ok thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 killy91

Hi, Can anyone explain the Verbal Reasoning element in stage 2? Reading back through the thread there has been talk of Chinese and Polish options in the test. I'm sorry 'cause this is probably a daft question but does that mean this test has to be completed in a different language? Are there any good websites or books to refer to for practise?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 430 ✭✭jamesr123

killy91 wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone explain the Verbal Reasoning element in stage 2? Reading back through the thread there has been talk of Chinese and Polish options in the test. I'm sorry 'cause this is probably a daft question but does that mean this test has to be completed in a different language? Are there any good websites or books to refer to for practise?

It means what would be the best way to deal with a certain person/situation. Straight forward really..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Andrea345

I have asked this in the other interview thread but the main action seems to be here so I will ask here also.
    The report writing, is there a structure you are taught before you write the report. Is it a standard structure or are you to write the report in the way you think is clear and concise. I'm not sure if I am asking for too much information here or whether you can talk about it but thanks if you can, apologies if you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AmyOConnor93

Hi all, Unfort I didn't pass the stage 2 of the recruitment stage. failed by 10 points... any idea what my next step is, can I reapply or what can I do ? Much info greatly appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi Amy, this thread is quite old and we have newer ones for Stage 2 here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057148530&page=68 you may get a better reaponse there.

I'll close this so there's no overlap or confusion

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement