Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 picotto

I also done my interview in April, still haven't heard anything yet!!
    Called a few times but got the same crap stories each time, waiting for checks blah, blah, blah!!!!

Its so frustrating being left in the dark:(:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

picotto wrote: »
    I also done my interview in April, still haven't heard anything yet!!
    Called a few times but got the same crap stories each time, waiting for checks blah, blah, blah!!!!

Its so frustrating being left in the dark:(:confused:

That's awful, have you even been called for your medical/ pct yet?

Haven't been called for either yet!!:confused: Hopefully things should be sorted out for the November intake..

Hows your application moving along???

Haven't been called for either yet!!:confused: Hopefully things should be sorted out for the November intake..

I passed the Aptitude in June and my interview is on the 26th Aug. I kind of have my hopes up for November too, (if i pass the interview) but I'm starting to worry about delays now..
    Still havent met my superintendant yet either :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Blue Belle wrote: »
    I passed the Aptitude in June and my interview is on the 26th Aug. I kind of have my hopes up for November too, (if i pass the interview) but I'm starting to worry about delays now..
    Still havent met my superintendant yet either :(

The majority of Inspectors and Supers won't meet with some1 till they get confirmation they have passed the Interview ( Not all cases tho).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ta moko

:)I met Inspector 3 weeks ago have the interview next week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

The majority of Inspectors and Supers won't meet with some1 till they get confirmation they have passed the Interview ( Not all cases tho).

I met with my inspector bout 2 weeks ago and found out I passed the interview the next day! And he was telling me that there was two others in before me and they didnt have their interview till the middle of august! But when I did meet him he was kinda hinting I passed though just by some of the things he was saying to me! :confused:

So its all over now Im just waiting on a call for the medical because I would love to start in November!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 biddy08

Hi Everyone,

I did my my interview in early May and passed it. I'm still waiting on a medical. Has anybody a number I could ring to see how things are coming along.....

Thanks!!!

Hey its (01) 6660000, just ask for recruitment.

Its not much help though, same stories every time.

Best of Luck:rolleyes:

Cheers tanx for reply!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

biddy08 wrote: »
    Cheers tanx for reply!!

hey biddy . did you ring hq to see what the story is ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

is everyone who done there interviews in may and june still waiting for medical or is it just an unlucky few ??

Think its just the unluckey few:( Like me!!

I passed the interview in April!!

Think its just the unluckey few:( Like me!!

I passed the interview in April!!

Ouchhhhhhhh........thats a long wait!!:eek: I take it you have rung them to see what the story is??

Yeah I rang Hq, same old story waiting on backround checks some bloody disaster!!

biddy08 wrote: »
    Yeah I rang Hq, same old story waiting on backround checks some bloody disaster!!

Thats disgraceful!!:eek: How long you been waiting since you passed the interview?? So they couldn't give you a date for a medical yet or even a rough idea when it might be??

Hi all

Im trying to figure out how i am fixed for the medical biggest worry is bmi

5 foot 9

86kg

Can someone who has a good idea of the requirements give me some feedback

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

ta moko wrote: »
    Hi all

Im trying to figure out how i am fixed for the medical biggest worry is bmi

5 foot 9

86kg

Can someone who has a good idea of the requirements give me some feedback

thanks

Your current BMI is 28, over 30 and you fail. Average BMI is 23-25.

ok murphy thanks a mill so if i keep training for next few weeks i should be ok .

had interview yesterday not sure how long ill be waiting for medical

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

in the middle of waiting for stage 1 to com up. hopefully in the next few months. just wondering regarding the old weight. when i started training in had a BMI of 32.5. i;m down to 29.5 now but the belly & saddle bags are still there. do they fail you for this.??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

if your bmi is over 25 you are technically over weight. i know 2 people one had bmi of 28.5 and was lean and got thought and another who had a belly and a bmi of 27 and failed. some thing to do with his body fat percentage. not really sure how strict or what they are looking for, but i am presuming all aspects of the medical will determine the decision.:)

in the middle of waiting for stage 1 to com up. hopefully in the next few months. just wondering regarding the old weight. when i started training in had a BMI of 32.5. i;m down to 29.5 now but the belly & saddle bags are still there. do they fail you for this.??

I'm not 100% but I think they tend to judge it on BMI but they might tell you to keep an eye on it. If you're waiting for stage 1 then you have plenty of time to get your BMI down a little bit further to be on the safe side. 29.5 is slightly borderline because your scales could be different to theirs and best be on the safe side?
    Hope that helps.

sounds simular to me

In january I weighed 16 stone 5 and had bmi of 32.5

still training like a muther f**ker now but
    now weigh 13 stone 5 lost, 3 stone to date.

bmi down to 28 and body fat down to 27 %

I want to get body fat to below 25 % and i know ill be safe

I done alot of running, rowing machine , cross trainer basically all cardio gave up beer ( a must for belly and LOVE handles )

now doing a mix of high rep weights one day and cardio next day its starting to strip away the fat slowly but shurley .Yes this will raise bmi but I think if my bmi is a little high the doc should notice the low fat content and high muscle content

It takes alot of commitment but if your goal is this campaign it should motivate you depending on how much you want it.

now for ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 bruno_12345

sounds simular to me

In january I weighed 16 stone 5 and had bmi of 32.5

still training like a muther f**ker now but
    now weigh 13 stone 5 lost, 3 stone to date.

bmi down to 28 and body fat down to 27 %

I want to get body fat to below 25 % and i know ill be safe

I done alot of running, rowing machine , cross trainer basically all cardio gave up beer ( a must for belly and LOVE handles )

now doing a mix of high rep weights one day and cardio next day its starting to strip away the fat slowly but shurley .Yes this will raise bmi but I think if my bmi is a little high the doc should notice the low fat content and high muscle content

It takes alot of commitment but if your goal is this campaign it should motivate you depending on how much you want it.

now for ya
    thanks ta moko. are you waiting for a call or at what stage are you at in the recuitment. i started at 17 stone 8 & i'm down to 16 stone now. how did you Work out your body fat %. starting a push up program tonight but the belly & love handles are still a problem, even tough i must say that since i started the training i can see things now that i haven't seen in years without mirror.

had interview last week waiting for result

Belly fat and mid area fat will be the last to go but it will if you stick to a strict diet and keep training it eventually will

I have a personal trainer he measures my body fat each week I started this after I lost the 3 stone and founnd I needed a push to go further

I was in the very same boat as you thought i'd never get in shape now im fitter than i was when 20, 10 years ago I might add .

No beer

Hi all just asking again has anyony who passed the aptitude in june got a medical date yet.

Hi all just asking again has anyony who passed the aptitude in june got a medical date yet.

Hi ta moko. I'm the same as yourself I passed aptitude in june and passed the interview a couple of weeks ago and Im still waiting for a medical date!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

I passed stage 1 in February.
    I passed stage 2 in mid April.
    Have medical in early September - only just heard.

Checks are still outstanding but hopefully wont be much longer.

It can take a while and there is no real pattern in who gets checks complete quicker than others. Factors to consider: size of family, travels, marriage, queries etc etc.

Glad to hear you finally got some news! I done everything the same time as you but haven't heard anything yet. Hopefully I will hear something this week:o

Did you just hear today? Did they say your checks were still ongoing? I thought they have to be complete before you get your med date....

• Advertisement

Hi ta moko. I'm the same as yourself I passed aptitude in june and passed the interview a couple of weeks ago and Im still waiting for a medical date!!

Congrats on passing phase 2 Dude Must have been like winning the flipping lotto

Advertisement