Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Is the phone call for the medical to your house phone or mobile?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Is the phone call for the medical to your house phone or mobile?

Thanks

Mobile seems to be the preference, were i got my call

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

Does anyone know how many people actually took the aptitude tests this year? I see a lot of people in the top thirty/ten/sixty... but how many is that out of?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DecyD1

im in the top 200 of batch 1 but that was before some people didn pass the exams or interveiw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DecyD1

any1 no if your on vodafone and your voicmail is set upo but not activated how do you activate it i cant get it working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

DecyD1 wrote: »
    any1 no if your on vodafone and your voicmail is set upo but not activated how do you activate it i cant get it working
    You'd have to ring them up on 1907 for bill pay or 1850208787 for credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Probably safe to say if you have not heard about your medical you wont be in for November.

If the budget does not effect things Feb should be the next intake.

I was referring to hearing about a medical and not being offered a place. My thinking is that the PCT dates for October are nearly all full. If you get a call for a medical - say tomorrow - the date will probably be in about 2 weeks. In the mean time that means 2 weeks of medicals and the PCT dates will be full.

But we live in hope!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

For the medical, I have to get laser eye surgery, i'm not having a consultation until next weekend and hopefully asap after that i will get the surgery done. But IF i get called for a medical in October i will not have the surgery finished or it will not be perfect. Will it be ok to just have proof that i have got the surgery done or will they defer me. Of course this is all if i get called for the medical in October as i ws in batch 2.

I am only guessing but would think you would go for the medical - will fail / defer because of your eye sight - then providing that all goes well with the rest of the medical and your op is a success you can go back 6 weeks later with your new eyes test results.

Purely guess work and nothing official.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 nelly84

hey all did any one from the may campaign that passed their interview recently get called for a medical yet? i passed mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting... im in batch one.....its gettin a bit fustrating!!! or is it a thing that everyone is in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭The Dude 87

nelly84 wrote: »
    hey all did any one from the may campaign that passed their interview recently get called for a medical yet? i passed mine a few weeks ago and am still waiting... im in batch one.....its gettin a bit fustrating!!! or is it a thing that everyone is in the same boat?

I got called nearly two weeks ago and I'm in the same batch as you!

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

nelly84 wrote: »

We're all in the same boat !! Get used to waiting :) I'm from the January campaign..still waiting for medical call !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Well, I went to my GP yesterday, and my dentist this morning to make sure that everything is in order for the medical.
    GP visit went well. No problems with sight etc. but not so lucky with the dentist. I need two fillings :(
    First fillings ever. Poor me.... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Blue Belle wrote: »
    Well, I went to my GP yesterday, and my dentist this morning to make sure that everything is in order for the medical.
    GP visit went well. No problems with sight etc. but not so lucky with the dentist. I need two fillings :(

Ah that sucks, i'm sure you won't be the only one, i think i need one to. Is there anything else teeth wise that will fail you?

We're all in the same boat !! Get used to waiting :) I'm from the January campaign..still waiting for medical call !!

:eek: Really?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

fillings can fail you? i went abt a year ago was told i needed one but never bothered!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Ahhh no way...hope my visit goes ok...i've a date with the dentist tomorrow I haven't been for a year and a half! Mind you last time I went I got away lightly with only 1 filling was good going considering I hadn't been there for about 5yrs before that!! Ok lads, while we are on the subject is there anything else we might need to know or have to do or create dates with different people?? Just so with all this recession craic going on I know how much to budget for!! Not that I'm great with it in the first place!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

MOG7 wrote: »

:eek: Really?

Ya, but I believe they're currently in the middle of my Security Checks..

Does anyone know if after November, is February the next intake ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 255 ✭✭Kidd-o

Is this something worth worring about, like i know, they fail you on very serious things but like what "little" things can one fail on, whats the stance on colesterol etc?

Thanks in Advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

they never checked my teeth when had my medical only heard it happens randomly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

i have a dental implant in one of my teeth, lost a tooth in a game of rugby, the replacement is a big screw into the gums and bone with a nice tooth on top! are these considered an issue? Would'nt know it was different from a real one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

pr43 wrote: »
    i have a dental implant in one of my teeth, lost a tooth in a game of rugby, the replacement is a big screw into the gums and bone with a nice tooth on top! are these considered an issue? Would'nt know it was different from a real one!

as far as i know and am aware that they check your teeth to make sure that they are ok so you wont be missing lectures and if yours are fine and give you no bother then i think you should be fine.

hey all,
    had the dentist today, 3 fillings. he asked why suddenly i made an appearanceas i hate him (all of them infact haha) and explained that i had my medical coming up so he said ill just make sure there all ok, he siad after he put the fillings in that i should be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

hey all,
    had the dentist today, 3 fillings. he asked why suddenly i made an appearanceas i hate him (all of them infact haha) and explained that i had my medical coming up so he said ill just make sure there all ok, he siad after he put the fillings in that i should be fine.

ha were all going to dentist and stuff getting checked out . its getting close to medical day now people. just want to do it now been waiting a while for this part to come. how is everyone fixed for it ??

if you wear glasses for driving and tv etc are yuo meant to bring them to the medical with you?

Has anybody had medicals lately? Did ye pass? How did ye find it??

Eyes are tested unaided. Doc examines you and you need to pass the requirement unaided.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

The nurse told me to bring my glasses in with me to the doctor. He tests them unaided and then aided, so he tells you to wear your glasses and then read the chart. He may also take a quick look at the glasses to see what kind of strength you are using, etc... But at the end of the day you need to pass the standard for both aided and unaided. (4-5 lines down the chart roughly)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

medical on the 7th of Oct.................nervous as hell!!! :eek: getting this close i would be devastated! Also i've been made redundant so nov would be top class...........Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease god!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

Dub chick wrote: »
    medical on the 7th of Oct.................nervous as hell!!! :eek: getting this close i would be devastated! Also i've been made redundant so nov would be top class...........Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease god!!!

have medical on the 8tth really nervous . how are you set for it dub chick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

soundlad wrote: »
    have medical on the 8tth really nervous . how are you set for it dub chick.

hard to say ain't it! i dont know of any hearing or eye issues. gonna head to the dentist this week though just incase. Its overdue anyhow. Aside from that its just winging it eh?!?

I smoke.....not much at all.....one of the only concerns........

You relatively confident??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 jakestephens

Ive my medical the 8th aswell, dyin to jus get it done.

Advertisement