Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭sff

bettyboo1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

This is all new to me.

I passed the interview there at the end of August. Ive met with the local Sergent, Im from May batch 2, top 30, just wondering is there any1 out there on the same time frame as me, have dey been called for medical yet?
    How long do you think the backround checks will take?
    I presume I mite as well 4get about Nov intake at dis stage :(

Sorry about all the questions, the waiting & not knowing is tough

I'm may as well, top 30ish too. Passed the interview recently but my background check will take ages because i lived abroad. If you don't mind me asking, when did you meet the local sergeant?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭goouch

goouch wrote: »
    Snap was told today that November was also full and that the next intake is Feb and then May still waiting on 1check to come back tho but guess ill start aiming for Feb now

but but but maybe they are just saying that to put people off from ringing as this would be when everyone would ring them 1month b4 the intake date :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

I met with him the Monday after my interview, dat wud have been Sept 1st. Id say we may as well aim for Feb now, hopefully not May. My checks shud be straight forward enuf. When did u meet wit yours?

I met with him the Monday after my interview, dat wud have been Sept 1st. Id say we may as well aim for Feb now, hopefully not May. My checks shud be straight forward enuf. When did u meet wit yours?

That's what i'm a little worried about... :( i still haven't met with him... I'd say my interview was 28th august... They e-mailed the other day for further background info but didn't gimme an update on any timeframe.

Lol, that smiley's meant to be a frown...

• Advertisement

Well dey rang me as well for further info, but I was on hols at d time, so I gave dem d name of the Gard to get in touch wit cause I had given it 2 him. I just hope dey got it, cause like u, I havent heard anything from them since. I had my interview the day after u. How u set 4 the medical etc?

sff wrote: »
    That's what i'm a little worried about... :( i still haven't met with him... I'd say my interview was 28th august... They e-mailed the other day for further background info but didn't gimme an update on any timeframe.

hey sff just wondering was it email to your personal account or to PAS message board they emailled for more info ??? and dont worry about not meeting your Sgr some people do it b4 the interview others do it after once your form B is sent off then they may call you for jus a chat

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Spudley

Hi folks

Can anyone post the phone no for Garda HR/PAS/whoever is running the medicals, please?

goouch wrote: »
    hey sff just wondering was it email to your personal account or to PAS message board they emailled for more info ??? and dont worry about not meeting your Sgr some people do it b4 the interview others do it after once your form B is sent off then they may call you for jus a chat

Actually, they rang me to find out the further info. I think bettyboo was the same from what they said above. ^

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Checks dont commence until the Form B is signed off by the local sergent / inspector and goes to appointments who then match it up with your successful notification from PAS.

If you have not heard from the local station my suspicion would be that it is sitting on a desk somewhere - you should follow this up with you local station as I remember it happened someone before.

Just call and be polite to say you looking to follow up on your Form B and that everything is ok as you have passed the interview.

• Advertisement

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Checks dont commence until the Form B is signed off by the local sergent / inspector and goes to appointments who then match it up with your successful notification from PAS.

If you have not heard from the local station my suspicion would be that it is sitting on a desk somewhere - you should follow this up with you local station as I remember it happened someone before.

Just call and be polite to say you looking to follow up on your Form B and that everything is ok as you have passed the interview.

BUT THEY both were contacted for additional info so they must have received their form B Maybe im wrong!!!!

Fair enough - I just know this happened before.

They can also call you back on a query with a relative for example if they have a influence on you should they have a record with the GS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

So could a lot of us be wasting outr time doing a medical in the first place? Looks like if i was even offered a place in february id have to do my medical again as it will have been over 6 months. Looks as if some of us may end up doing it 2 or 3 times overall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ribena

I'm due to attend for medical later this month. This morning I phoned HQ to find out if I had to cancel my date this month when would be the next date available for a medical, I was told that there are no more dates for the forseeable future, anyone that hasn't got their date at this stage won't be called anytime soon.

Thanx Ribena, so batch 2 can 4get about it till Feb earliest :( and will prob have medical in Jan or will dey run them thru Nov for Feb, I doubt it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Ribena

Thanx Ribena, so batch 2 can 4get about it till Feb earliest :( and will prob have medical in Jan or will dey run them thru Nov for Feb, I doubt it?!

It's looking like it. I am batch 1, apparently medicals are finishing in October and no more will take place till the new year sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭jt123456

Applications and batches have nothing to do with when you'll get in. Some of us here have had everything completed since before august and are just sitting on the waiting list. i was in batch 2 for january competition. There is even some ppl here from 2007 :(

cmcskeane wrote: »
    Applications and batches have nothing to do with when you'll get in. Some of us here have had everything completed since before august and are just sitting on the waiting list. i was in batch 2 for january competition. There is even some ppl here from 2007 :(
    I thought batch 2 was the may competition?

There are numerous batches in every competition ie they all start at the very beginning a very good place to start!

Batch 1, Batch 2, Batch 3 and Batch 4. The people that do the test in the first week of the comp are Batch 1, in the second week Batch 2 and so on and on.

Each Batch probably has at least a couple of hundred people in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

hi all, nearly all set for the medical now. had dentist last week, optician tomorrow and hearing done today. got good releaving news for the ear person. i was very worried about my hearing as i work in a nightclub but she told me it was perfect. not to bad about that. roll on wednesday...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Good luck mate, hope it goes good for ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

hi all, nearly all set for the medical now. had dentist last week, optician tomorrow and hearing done today. got good releaving news for the ear person. i was very worried about my hearing as i work in a nightclub but she told me it was perfect. not to bad about that. roll on wednesday...

where did you get your hearing test done? i asked my doctor and he said that he didnt do them. im up thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭cathalfeely

horse1 wrote: »
    where did you get your hearing test done? i asked my doctor and he said that he didnt do them. im up thursday

got it done in specsavers, its alsofree. got the eye test done today aswell and the lady said that i was within the requitements without my glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lollydoodles

anybody up for the med tuesday???:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dado76

i got e-mail from hr looking for further info saying that they have received my appl form B but I never met any1 from local grda station!does every1 has to meet srgnt/inspector?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

anybody up for the med tuesday???:)

i'm up on tues! cacking it! :D

Nothing to be nervous about as everything is out of your control at this stage.

Hearing, eyes, BMI, lungs - they are either right of they are not.

Will be interesting to see when the PCT date you get is.

Good luck!

dado76 wrote: »
    does every1 has to meet srgnt/inspector?

Yeah - all part of the process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Nothing to be nervous about as everything is out of your control at this stage.

Hearing, eyes, BMI, lungs - they are either right of they are not.

Will be interesting to see when the PCT date you get is.

Good luck!

it certainly will!!!!

keep ye posted buddy. be devastated if i don't get nov.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 lollydoodles

Dub chick wrote: »
    i'm up on tues! cacking it! :D

Hey Dub Chick!! cya there so, im in at 10.30. I was feeling fine about it all along but startin to worry a bit now! Best of luck :D

Advertisement