Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

D.B.Y wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I was batch 2 may08 and I passed by interview in August and I have yet to hear anything about a medical.
    Should I be worried?

im from batch 1 may 08 passed interview mid august and havent head anything so maybe im the one who should be worried.:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

wispa wrote: »
    im from batch 1 may 08 passed interview mid august and havent head anything so maybe im the one who should be worried.:eek::eek:

Wispa & DBY have ye met with the super??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

word on the street..400 people being taken in next year 100 per intake..new recruitment drive end of next year at the earliest

bettyboo1 wrote: »
    Wispa & DBY have ye met with the super??:confused:

ye the first part went fairly quick gave my application b to local station few weeks later met sgt who went through it with me then bout week b4 interview met with inspector standing in for superintendent
    .i had all the meetings done b4 interview and seemed to go well so dont know if thats the prob. maybe im wrong:eek:

wispa wrote: »
    ye the first part went fairly quick gave my application b to local station few weeks later met sgt who went through it with me then bout week b4 interview met with inspector standing in for superintendent
    .i had all the meetings done b4 interview and seemed to go well so dont know if thats the prob. maybe im wrong:eek:

hey wispa..if i were you id relax..you will be called for the med they havent forgotten bout you:p..be after xmas though id say

• Advertisement

Celtic07 wrote: »
    hey wispa..if i were you id relax..you will be called for the med they havent forgotten bout you:p..be after xmas though id say

i know ye thanks ha. you know how it is but when you see posts from people in same batch as you and interview round time as you and there saying they got dates for medical an you havent , the mind starts wondering.ha. just gotta relax your right and wait my turn.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Ricksplace

Anyone know if you're told on the day if you have passed the medical?

Ricksplace wrote: »
    Anyone know if you're told on the day if you have passed the medical?

yes your told right then..get date for your pct that day to

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭kmurray

Anyone from January 08 comp still waiting on anything ?

Just asking the question in case ye missed it first time around !!!

Are there any boardsies from the January 08 recruit competition still waiting for Meds, PCT etc ???[/QUOTE]

batch 1 jan 08.. have heard nothing since passing interview in apr. got an uncle in uk and 2 aunts in us so that is prob holding it up.
    nearly a year since first application, must be some kind of patience test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 old_ball

Anybody doing medical today, or they just starting tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Howya.

I am Jan '08 Batch 2 - have everything done and just waiting.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 kevo0489

Im from jan batch 3 have everything done and just waiting now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Mark63

Think I read previously that there were some medicals happening around now.

Anybody know if there's word on any dates for the PCT after these?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 jillybean

I got called for my medical today ... its next week!!:D Short notice but I dont care, I'm just happy things are moving along. I'm from batch two if anyones interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Me brother done his medical today and passed. Delighted with himself.
    He was saying some fella was doing the medical aswell and he had his gown on or whatever but went into get his eyes tested bollock naked haha. dont know what he was thinking but would have been funny to see doctors face:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

Mark63 wrote: »
    Think I read previously that there were some medicals happening around now.

Anybody know if there's word on any dates for the PCT after these?
    ya had my medical today and passed, got my pct date straight after it, for 20th janurary

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corolla

jillybean wrote: »
    I got called for my medical today ... its next week!!:D Short notice but I dont care, I'm just happy things are moving along. I'm from batch two if anyones interested.

jillybean can i ask ya when you done your interview and wat number were you in batch 2.i got my results for my interview the end of aug and i was around 200 in batch 2 still waiting on call for medical:(

corolla wrote: »
    jillybean can i ask ya when you done your interview and wat number were you in batch 2.i got my results for my interview the end of aug and i was around 200 in batch 2 still waiting on call for medical:(

I was pretty high up in batch two, I dont want to say exactly what number I was, I did my interview at the end of August and got the result at the start of September ... I only met the Super a couple of weeks ago so I was really suprised to get called for a medical so soon, I thought I'd be waiting for months yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 tigerman2k

I was pretty high up in batch two, I dont want to say exactly what number I was, I did my interview at the end of August and got the result at the start of September ... I only met the Super a couple of weeks ago so I was really suprised to get called for a medical so soon, I thought I'd be waiting for months yet!

Wow! I was batch 2 in August too. I rang HQ and was told my background checks are a long way from completion. I have a large family with many overseas which doesn't help.

Still, that's rediculously fast considering there are people waiting since Jan for a medical. Somebody up there (or in there) must like you. Well done and good luck.

tigerman2k wrote: »
    Wow! I was batch 2 in August too. I rang HQ and was told my background checks are a long way from completion. I have a large family with many overseas which doesn't help.

Still, that's rediculously fast considering there are people waiting since Jan for a medical. Somebody up there (or in there) must like you. Well done and good luck.

I know, it all seems very random :confused: ... I have a few relatives living abroad as well so I dont know how my background checks were completed so fast, I'm not complaining though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

just wondering about you people having your medical how long ago did you do the apptitude test and is there any talk off another intake in january , ive posted under a different topic to see if there is any news at all on another intake and have spoken to a couple of AGS they rekon there will ,but just need to know from you people ,
    and if i applied for the kilroys course would i get to grips with the apptitude test for january ,,
    hope im not boring any1
    just need some info please and so far these forums are very helpful.

be no intake in jan..feb may aug nov are the intakes be 100 per phase next year

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

be no intake in jan..feb may aug nov are the intakes be 100 per phase next year

thanks celtic fairplay to you , hope your getting on ok ive read some of your posts before...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Im not sure if you're asking about intakes (ie when people actually start in Templemore) or recruitment drives (ie when they accept applicants) but it doesnt look like there will be a recruitment drive for a while yet. In saying that nobody really knows, but rumour has it that there are already enough people in the system to fill the next 4 intakes. Hope that helps somewhat, sorry it isnt better news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

I know, it all seems very random :confused: ... I have a few relatives living abroad as well so I dont know how my background checks were completed so fast, I'm not complaining though!

Hi Jillybean, I was called 2 weeks ago 2 meet super, but didnt d]they cancel on me, so Ive to meet him next week now, I coudnt get up 2 them any other day this wk. Im from high up in May batch 2 as well. Im hoping Ill be as lucky as u & called soon 4 medical!

Celtic07 is correct. 4 intakes of 100 next year. Another recruitment drive is unlikely before the end of next year at the earliest.

Appointments told me that Feb 09 intake is almost full. I passed my interview in Aug 08 and my background checks have been with them since then. They told me I'm looking at late 09 unfortunately but as we've seen some people get through the process much quicker. People are called for medical when their checks are almost complete but it doen't mean you'll be in the subsequent intake which used to be the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭soundlad

tigerman2k wrote: »
    Celtic07 is correct. 4 intakes of 100 next year. Another recruitment drive is unlikely before the end of next year at the earliest.

Appointments told me that Feb 09 intake is almost full. I passed my interview in Aug 08 and my background checks have been with them since then. They told me I'm looking at late 09 unfortunately but as we've seen some people get through the process much quicker. People are called for medical when their checks are almost complete but it doen't mean you'll be in the subsequent intake which used to be the case.

i didnt think letters for feb were out that is wat was posted on here a while ago that letters wouldnt be sent out till jan., has anyone here got a letter about feb yet ?

soundlad wrote: »
    i didnt think letters for feb were out that is wat was posted on here a while ago that letters wouldnt be sent out till jan., has anyone here got a letter about feb yet ?

That's what the girl in the appointments office told me last week.
    Ph: 6662357

i wouldnt be surprised if its nearly full with the amount of ye waiting..im sure there will be people offered it in jan to

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

i wouldnt be surprised if its nearly full with the amount of ye waiting..im sure there will be people offered it in jan to

celtic mate, what week did you find out yer stations for phase 2? we're in week 19 and still no word :eek: also...still waiting on our patrol jackets, be some joke if we're out in phase 2 in just fleeces :mad:

Advertisement