Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

As regards recruitment folks, nobody knows as NO OFFICIAL statement has been made yet by An Garda Siochana. If they are going to freeze recruitment campaigns, they will issue a statement, just like the Defence Forces have; http://military.ie/dfhq/pubrel/news/2008/november/news3nov.htm

So, be patient! I'm hoping for a recruitment campaign in 2009 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

eroo wrote: »

So, be patient! I'm hoping for a recruitment campaign in 2009 too.

me 2 buddy im in the process of voluntary redundancy , i,ll be gutted if theres no intake in 2009 ,im hoping to do the aptitude test in feb...!!! please god let there be more AGS needed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

pvt.joker wrote: »
    celtic mate, what week did you find out yer stations for phase 2? we're in week 19 and still no word :eek: also...still waiting on our patrol jackets, be some joke if we're out in phase 2 in just fleeces :mad:

we found out week 19..no patrol jackets :rolleyes:..thats a j0ke so it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭horse1

ive finally got the all clear in the medical. i had my medical a couple of months ago but got deferred. they rang me there to tell me that i have been passed medically fit. happy days. have my pct the end of jan

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sunkissed12

Got a call yesterday to say that all my background checks were back and clear. Then another call today to arrange my Med for January !!! I'm so happy that things are finally moving for me, gonna be a good Christmas :D
    Anyone else get any good news ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corolla

Got a call yesterday to say that all my background checks were back and clear. Then another call today to arrange my Med for January !!! I'm so happy that things are finally moving for me, gonna be a good Christmas :D
    Anyone else get any good news ?

sunkissed12 can i ask ya what batch your from and what number ya got in your exam.i was batch 2 myself around the 200 mark still waiting on call for medical:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

corolla wrote: »
    sunkissed12 can i ask ya what batch your from and what number ya got in your exam.i was batch 2 myself around the 200 mark still waiting on call for medical:confused:

i wouldnt panic corolla i finished in top 200 in batch 1 and havnt heard anything about a date for medical yet.:mad:

Corolla: No probs ! I'm january 2008 comp, batch 3 and near 150 mark. Try not to worry, I know thats hard but you must be patient and your time will come too :)

horse1 wrote: »
    ive finally got the all clear in the medical. i had my medical a couple of months ago but got deferred. they rang me there to tell me that i have been passed medically fit. happy days. have my pct the end of jan

Congrats and good luck in PCT :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 corolla

wispa id say your close to it my mate was in batch 1 around the 80 mark and he done his medical last week so jan ya,ll prob get a date.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭0325422

I dont think it makes a difference what batch or number you are in. i was in batch 2 around 60 something and my friend was in the same batch around 40 something (January 2008 comp). I havent heard anything about a medical and she is finished phase 1 in templemore tomorrow!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

congrats sunkissed,you are nearly there now

haven't been on the site now for a while.im from jan 08 batch 3 as well.came top 40 and passed the interview on may.did my med early this month but got defered. my blood pressure was a bit high on the day coz i didn't have enough sleep the night before plus i was just too bloody nervers so anyways i came back did a 24 hr BP monitor,the average reading was ok only few readings were a bit high. was told by my GP its defo not high blood pressure,fax in the report 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

LeSurfer wrote: »
    congrats sunkissed,you are nearly there now

haven't been on the site now for a while.im from jan 08 batch 3 as well.came top 40 and passed the interview on may.did my med early this month but got defered. my blood pressure was a bit high on the day coz i didn't have enough sleep the night before plus i was just too bloody nervers so anyways i came back did a 24 hr BP monitor,the average reading was ok only few readings were a bit high. was told by my GP its defo not high blood pressure,fax in the report 2 weeks ago and heard nothing since...:(

Same thing happened me LeSurfer, had to go pay a fortune to wear that monitor for a day and every reading was perfect on it! I handed mine in to the pheonix park in person and got a call a few weeks later to tell me I had been passed and they arranged the PCT over the phone there and then so don't go worrying!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭EimearMCD

pvt.joker wrote: »
    celtic mate, what week did you find out yer stations for phase 2? we're in week 19 and still no word :eek: also...still waiting on our patrol jackets, be some joke if we're out in phase 2 in just fleeces :mad:

We didn't find out our stations til the thursday of week 19 so I wouldn't be too worried about that.. not having a patrol jacket might be more of a problem though cos its bloody freezin atm! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭LeSurfer

Vikings wrote: »
    Same thing happened me LeSurfer, had to go pay a fortune to wear that monitor for a day and every reading was perfect on it! I handed mine in to the pheonix park in person and got a call a few weeks later to tell me I had been passed and they arranged the PCT over the phone there and then so don't go worrying!

thanx for that lad,was getting worried and all,now i can relax a bit and focus on buying x'mas presents!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

wispa id say your close to it my mate was in batch 1 around the 80 mark and he done his medical last week so jan ya,ll prob get a date.......

ye hopefully with a bit of luck il get a call in Jan.but i wont count on it.:pac::)

got a call this morning, have a medical on the 15th of january.....

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭paddymc1

0325422 wrote: »
    got a call this morning, have a medical on the 15th of january.....

Hey that's good news, what batch you from?

paddymc1 wrote: »
    Hey that's good news, what batch you from?

i was batch 2 from january 08, so people might still get a call before xmas as he said there r medical dates left for january..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Tipp66

I have my medical on the 15 of Jan, and I’m really worried about my bmi, I’m around 5 7 and over 11 stone and on the google bmi index it says I’m well over weight but I don’t look it at all, I’ve been out of work for a couple of months, and I did have a very physical testing job but since have let myself go and have started smoking quite a bit so worried about the lung capacity test also, but more worried about this bmi thing, like I wouldn’t regard myself as being overweight at all I most certainly don’t look it anyway, with of without clothes,
    So what do ye reckon……

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

Tipp66 wrote: »
    I have my medical on the 15 of Jan, and I’m really worried about my bmi, I’m around 5 7 and over 11 stone and on the google bmi index it says I’m well over weight but I don’t look it at all, I’ve been out of work for a couple of months, and I did have a very physical testing job but since have let myself go and have started smoking quite a bit so worried about the lung capacity test also, but more worried about this bmi thing, like I wouldn’t regard myself as being overweight at all I most certainly don’t look it anyway, with of without clothes,
    So what do ye reckon……
    Hi, think that your bmi will be ok as long as its under 30, had mine a few weeks back and my bmi was 27 all the doctor said was that i looked athletic so i was fine. best of luck with your medical

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Celtic07

Tipp66 wrote: »
    So what do ye reckon……

hey you should be fine id say..id eat healthy and exercise for next 2 weeks for your own sake cant do any harm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

lancerwall wrote: »
    Hi, think that your bmi will be ok as long as its under 30, had mine a few weeks back and my bmi was 27 all the doctor said was that i looked athletic so i was fine. best of luck with your medical

I second this and was something similar myself - once you are athletic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

Hi, any of you lads that just did the medical recently, did ya find the weighing scales was accurate? or was it weighing heavy or light compared to yer own scales at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭bettyboo1

Hi Guys, just wondering have many from May 08 campaign been called for medicals and PCTs??
    Waiting, waiting, waiting....:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

bettyboo1 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, just wondering have many from May 08 campaign been called for medicals and PCTs??
    Waiting, waiting, waiting....:(

Yeah, i think a few have! Im May 08, have med completed, doing PCT in a 2 wks! No hope of feb though id say! I wonder will any from May get the start in Feb?????;)

Alias B wrote: »
    Yeah, i think a few have! Im May 08, have med completed, doing PCT in a 2 wks! No hope of feb though id say! I wonder will any from May get the start in Feb?????;)

Are you batch 1 or 2? I met super there recently, but my background checks dont seem to be clear yet.
    How did you find the medical, are you nervous about PCT??
    I am kinda gearing myself up for Nov if I pass everything, anything earlier would be a bonus :)
    You will be May Id say, the super told me there is only 70 been taken in in Feb?!:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Alias B

Are you batch 1 or 2? I met super there recently, but my background checks dont seem to be clear yet.
    How did you find the medical, are you nervous about PCT??
    I am kinda gearing myself up for Nov if I pass everything, anything earlier would be a bonus :)
    You will be May Id say, the super told me there is only 70 been taken in in Feb?!:confused:

Feck! 70 isnt a whole lot!!! They seem to be getting through the Jan 08 batch in this intake alright so May would a bonus for me too!!!! God, its a long aul wait! Im batch 1 from May but im not counting any chickens yet....

The medical was fine, standard routine! Nothing to be worried about at all!:)

Alias B wrote: »
    Feck! 70 isnt a whole lot!!! They seem to be getting through the Jan 08 batch in this intake alright so May would a bonus for me too!!!! God, its a long aul wait! Im batch 1 from May but im not counting any chickens yet....

The medical was fine, standard routine! Nothing to be worried about at all!:)

Your right there seems to ba a lot from Jan 08 alrite, so they had to wait the year 2, so Id say we will too. Im from batch 2. Just have 2 get back to the gym in new year, Ive gotten lazy the last month!
    Best of luck with PCT :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Jolies

Your right there seems to ba a lot from Jan 08 alrite, so they had to wait the year 2, so Id say we will too. Im from batch 2. Just have 2 get back to the gym in new year, Ive gotten lazy the last month!
    Best of luck with PCT :)

I'am from May 08 Batch 1 everything completed just waiting on the call... luking like May if i lucky... :o

Advertisement