Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

Hey guys,
    just had laser done for the second time on thur, its not so bad if any of ye need too get it done.....just didnt wanna fail eye sight test if i ever do get called for the medical... just thought id share that bit with ye ... chin up and hope we get some good news soon ;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭michealc_87

Just wondering if people are still getting called for medical's, and if so are any of the dates in May after the next intake to Templemore. If anybody has any info please post,Thanks;);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭karlokarl

Anyone doing medicals tomorrow??? I've mine at 9.00...starting to get just a little bit nervous now!!! Good luck to anyone who's doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tommi78

karlokarl wrote: »
    Anyone doing medicals tomorrow??? I've mine at 9.00...starting to get just a little bit nervous now!!! Good luck to anyone who's doing it!

best of luck with it :):) It beats having to be waiting on the med and pct you never know they may even have a space for you in may.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 wispa

ye same here have mine at 9 tomorrow aswell. good luck to anyone else doing them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

wispa wrote: »
    ye same here have mine at 9 tomorrow aswell. good luck to anyone else doing them

When did you both get the calls for the medicals ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭sfhawke7w

to everyone doing the medicals this week all the best, am supposed to have mine on thursday but i rang today to defer it as my bmi is still too high to be told i can't defer it, but yet if i rang tomorrow and said i couldnt make it because of a family emergency i would have been able to defer so if i lied i would be sound.

anyway it is done now and because of my age i cannot apply again, i am quite upset but it is done and it is not like i didnt know i needed to lose the weight.

so to everyone waiting to get called or in the middle of applying all the best with you application.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    to everyone doing the medicals this week all the best, am supposed to have mine on thursday but i rang today to defer it as my bmi is still too high to be told i can't defer it, but yet if i rang tomorrow and said i couldnt make it because of a family emergency i would have been able to defer so if i lied i would be sound.

anyway it is done now and because of my age i cannot apply again, i am quite upset but it is done and it is not like i didnt know i needed to lose the weight.

so to everyone waiting to get called or in the middle of applying all the best with you application.

just wondering if your bmi is over 30 can the doctor defer you until the next batch of medicals for youto get it under 30, would be a shame to rule yourself out now after all the work you put in.

also best of luck to the rest of you with medicals this week

my bmi is over 30 but i got the impression when i did the medical for reserves that the doc wont pass me or defer me at all. i thought i would be able to defer it but i guess not, will ring tomorrw but even at this stage would have to call in sick to work on thursday and that wont go down well. (yes i failed the medical for the reserves and i should have got myself sorted since then but well i didnt and now am paying for it)

the funny thing is i spoke to the same guy in recruitment about 2 weeks ago and mentioned that i would defer medical if couldnt get the weight down and he said that was up to me but today he tells me i cant defer the medical:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

sfhawke7w wrote: »
    my bmi is over 30 but i got the impression when i did the medical for reserves that the doc wont pass me or defer me at all. i thought i would be able to defer it but i guess not, will ring tomorrw but even at this stage would have to call in sick to work on thursday and that wont go down well. (yes i failed the medical for the reserves and i should have got myself sorted since then but well i didnt and now am paying for it)

the funny thing is i spoke to the same guy in recruitment about 2 weeks ago and mentioned that i would defer medical if couldnt get the weight down and he said that was up to me but today he tells me i cant defer the medical:confused:

any idea of if or when you will know for definite, just for your own peace of mind?

• Advertisement

kerrysam going to ring again in the morning, i rang today to defer thinking at least it would give someone else a chance of taking my place! try to do the right thing and hang myself.

i cant see it being deferred but will chance my arm and see.

Please do post back here and let us know will ya? I wonder what would have changed in the last 2weeks that would have changed their option to defer :confused:

jos28 wrote: »
    When did you both get the calls for the medicals ?

I got called about three weeks ago now...

Got back a few hours ago...PASSED!! Delighted!! PCT next thurs!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 441 ✭✭Murphy(Cork)

Don't you just want to take those dressing gowns home with ya:pac:

Well done

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Congratulations :D jeez only 1hurdle to go ... Do you know are their places will open for May? or you probably not thinking that way, just taking each step as it comes and taking it from there

Don't you just want to take those dressing gowns home with ya:pac:

Well done

Yeah was thinking of wearing one home!! Cheers Murphy and Cute Stuff!!

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Congratulations :D jeez only 1hurdle to go ... Do you know are their places will open for May? or you probably not thinking that way, just taking each step as it comes and taking it from there

Thanks kerry4sam!! Apparantly it's all full for May, but at least things are still moving...With any luck there might be another intake this year if Mr.Lenihan changes his mind!!:pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tommi78

congrats karlokarl:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭andrew1985

congratz karl:D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

I'm guessing the fact that medicals and PCTs are still underway is a good sign for another intake.
    Here's hoping:rolleyes:

Cheers guys!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭lancerwall

congrats karlokarl, was there many doing the medical today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Hey guys had my medical yesterday and passed! Delighted!!! There were 7girls and 5 guys doing it! May is full so we aint getting in we just have to wait! There are no more medicals taking place until further notice as per a member from appointments at the depot. So it's another waiting game for us!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭CuteStuff

pink star wrote: »
    Hey guys had my medical yesterday and passed! Delighted!!! There were 7girls and 5 guys doing it! May is full so we aint getting in we just have to wait! There are no more medicals taking place until further notice as per a member from appointments at the depot. So it's another waiting game for us!:mad:

Congratulations Pink Star!!!!! When is your PCT?

Well done PinkStar, you must be delighted to have that much out of the way :) ... any word of a PCT date?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Congrats Karlokarl and Pink Star!!! At least its some good news and youre a step closer. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭DK47

well done pink star:D You too kOk

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭da__flash

Well done Karlokarl and Pink Star!!! just one more hurdle now!! best of luck:D

Advertisement