Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garda Recruitment - Stage 3a - Medical Examination

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

karlokarl wrote: »
    Got back a few hours ago...PASSED!! Delighted!! PCT next thurs!!

Congratulations!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fireblade1

pink star wrote: »
    Hey guys had my medical yesterday and passed! Delighted!!! There were 7girls and 5 guys doing it! May is full so we aint getting in we just have to wait! There are no more medicals taking place until further notice as per a member from appointments at the depot. So it's another waiting game for us!:mad:

Congratulations!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Hey guys had my medical yesterday and passed! Delighted!!! There were 7girls and 5 guys doing it! May is full so we aint getting in we just have to wait! There are no more medicals taking place until further notice as per a member from appointments at the depot. So it's another waiting game for us!:mad:

Congratulations!!!!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pr43

eroo wrote: »
    Congratulations!!!!:)

well done all, here´s hoping.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭pink star

Thanks everyone for the congrats! PCT is next thursday so can't wait for it! But man this is one long waiting game!!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭I'm listening

Thanks everyone for the congrats! PCT is next thursday so can't wait for it! But man this is one long waiting game!!:rolleyes:

O the waiting is a killer! Hopefully we'll get a call for August all going well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭rugby

best of luck with pct... still waiting too get called for med hate this waiting..let me know how u get on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭shakin

for anyone waiting on a medical or pct i found this
    http://www.military.ie/careers/booklets/4WkTrgProgCadetApp.pdf

its a training programme for cadets, im gonna try and give it a go im finding myself getting very unfit and doin less lately so no harm to keep on top of things in case a medical came sooner than expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

shakin wrote: »
    for anyone waiting on a medical or pct i found this
    http://www.military.ie/careers/booklets/4WkTrgProgCadetApp.pdf

its a training programme for cadets, im gonna try and give it a go im finding myself getting very unfit and doin less lately so no harm to keep on top of things in case a medical came sooner than expected

honestly u can walk the pct in the 3 min 20 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

best of luck tomorrow PinkStar :)

• Advertisement

kerry4sam wrote: »
    best of luck tomorrow PinkStar :)

Hey ya Kerry4sam, Thanks, I haven't been on here for a few days. Just back from PCT and passed absolutely delighted!! No word though as to when we are starting!!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Congrats Pink Star! Delighted for ya :D

Hey ya Kerry4sam, Thanks, I haven't been on here for a few days. Just back from PCT and passed absolutely delighted!! No word though as to when we are starting!!!:cool:

Well done, was there many there?

Say it must of been tough today with the heat that's outside, I went when it was freezing and still found it hard to breath in there.

Well done, was there many there?

Say it must of been tough today with the heat that's outside, I went when it was freezing and still found it hard to breath in there.

Thanks a mil! There were about 20 of us there I'd say mostly men!! Only 5 ladies!!! I thought my chest was going to burst when running around because of the lack of air!!! :eek:

Thanks a mil! There were about 20 of us there I'd say mostly men!! Only 5 ladies!!! I thought my chest was going to burst when running around because of the lack of air!!! :eek:

That has to be good news for every1 waiting. Like with May completely full, they are hopefully getting people ready for another intake this year.

That has to be good news for every1 waiting. Like with May completely full, they are hopefully getting people ready for another intake this year.

As far as I know they have to have a group ready to go in if the commissioner decides to take in another recruit! I really do hope it's this year but I'm not going to get my hopes up until I hear anything further. But yes it is great that there is some hope for us! Personally I'm just glad to have everything done!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

ah jeez hun, deeeelighted for you. It's great to see this outsome after such a long wait. It has to be relief knowing everything is ready to go now for you.

With the pressure from the GRA at the recent conference I would like to hope we'll see one more intake this year with 100more students. But until you do get your letter PS, well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭michealc_87

Well done pink star:D:D. At least you have everything done now:pac:. Its good to hear that medicals and the PCT test are still ongoing,gives the rest of us hope that we will get called at some stage:P. Were most of the people from May batch 2 or did you get a chance to ask?????

Hi all,
    just wondering if there are many still waiting too be called for med and pct from batch 2. i passed interview last oct..i didnt ring up about it cos i figured everyone was in the same boat and just wait for ur turn..if anyone has info that be great.. cheers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Geri Boyle

Hi rugby. Im from May batch 2, did interview in August and still waiting to be called for med too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

My son is also from May Batch 2, interview in October and has heard nothing since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Yep i'm from May batch 2 too, laser eye surgery this day week and then i'm ready to be called for my med :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Tommi78

Yes same here may batch 2 interview last october and waiting....

Chin up everyone from May batch 1 or 2. Im in May batch 4 so I must be way down the list. Done my interview in Nov. Does anyone know anybody else who done an interview in Nov????

MOG7 wrote: »
    Yep i'm from May batch 2 too, laser eye surgery this day week and then i'm ready to be called for my med :D

Thanks guys for all your replys........ had laser done twice its grand :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 mlisa

hey im from may batch passed my interview in oct.. i rang yesterday nd was told files are still live nd procesin nd should here sumthin in de next 6-12 months wiv de way things are goin its jus slow :)

mlisa wrote: »
    hey im from may batch passed my interview in oct.. i rang yesterday nd was told files are still live nd procesin nd should here sumthin in de next 6-12 months wiv de way things are goin its jus slow :)

Hey mlisa. What batch im May are you??

im from batch 2

mlisa wrote: »
    im from batch 2

When abouts in oct did you do your interview. Im just asking because I done my interview on the 11th Nov and im from May batch 4 and ive never heard of anyone else saying they were in May batch 3 never mind May batch 4

• Advertisement

I done it de 15th of october... i didnt know der was tat many batches to b honest.. I thought there was only two...

Advertisement