Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

ojewriej wrote: »
    So what's the story with the wager lads? Are we all done, or are we still waiting for someone?

BTW - HAZ & Controller, good to hear that you're done. COngrats

Thanks OJ. I think we are just waiting on Kaiser. In fairness the miserable sod will probably end up in the jacks looking for drink with his dodgy eye. I reckon I will be the loser on the push / pull so I have been practising the round, including Dr Mason's babysham!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

jesus haz babychams, you really are old :p

btw fancy a nixer on the tiling before ya go down :D

Dr_MaSoN wrote: »
    jesus haz babychams, you really are old :p

btw fancy a nixer on the tiling before ya go down :D

Might fit it in some saturday after I go down but booked up to august as it is.

Haz33 wrote: »
    Might fit it in some saturday after I go down but booked up to august as it is.

ah no worries, just some clown did a terrible job on the kitchen floor. Its stupidly uneven with edges stickin out everywere, annoying as you constanly stub your toe on it in the mornings.. So havent paid him and he wont be getting paid either.

Might just pull them all up and put new ones down. :rolleyes:

Might just pull them all up and put new ones down. :rolleyes:
    Only way to do it. Put leveling compound down then new tiles, No problems.

Only way to do it. Put leveling compound down then new tiles, No problems.

apprantley he did, and is blaming a 'curve' in the tiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

lol. hate them curvy tiles :D

Ah the ol curved tile story. Can happen, but not as often as lads make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

Lads you're like women......................lol .............Listen to yourselves!!! lol

• Advertisement

Dub chick wrote: »
    Lads you're like women......................lol .............Listen to yourselves!!! lol

Do ye women think you are the only ones that can b*t*h!
    I think not. We just aren't doing it at a coffee morning that's all!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

Don't mock the joys of tiling!!!! I'm told its great!!!;)

Don't mock the joys of tiling!!!! I'm told its great!!!;)

Its painful. I cant wait to be finished with it. I have the knees of a seventy year old.....................horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭blue2b

So what's the story with the wager lads? Are we all done, or are we still waiting for someone?

BTW - HAZ & Controller, good to hear that you're done. COngrats
    hate text speak... what is btw???

blue2b wrote: »
    hate text speek... what is btw???

btw.......AFAIK it means "by the way". :D:D

Its painful. I cant wait to be finished with it. I have the knees of a seventy year old.....................horse!

Good to know, I'll know where to hit in the self defense classes now, ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭controller

The only curved tiles I've ever seen is when I'm plastered! Been known to see the coving on ceiling do a few spins too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

hate text speak...

Shouldn't you be called bluetobe then?

OOOOOOOOH!!! It's getting bad in here. Could I get a few bowls of milk please??? :D

OOOOOOOOH!!! It's getting bad in here. Could I get a few bowls of milk please??? :D

Friendly banter Haz, that's all

And maybe you would like some Bran with your milk? I hear digestion system needs help at your age ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭blue2b

ha. deadly...well spotted!!please dont end up in my class in august...your smarter than the average bear me thinks!:p

• Advertisement

ha. deadly...well spotted!!please dont end up in my class in august...your smarter than the average bear me thinks!:p

He's on a f**kin roll tonight, there's no doubt. I think I want a class on my own !! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Newmill

Move up on that couch people, another one for limbo land !

Truth to be told, I came up with this months ago. I used txtspk everytime I answere your post, hoping you'll pull me on it. Finally it paid off.

Newmill wrote: »

Join the club. Waiting for the one last check to clear as well?

Newmill wrote: »

Nice one Newmill. Come on the lillies!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Hey Dub Chick.

I hate to say this but as far as I know the vetting does not start until your local station meets you and signs off the form b to say you are suitable etc and sends it in to the appointments section.

Sounds to me that your Form B could have been sitting in your station all this time - hope I am wrong !!!

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Hey Dub Chick.

I hate to say this but as far as I know the vetting does not start until your local station meets you and signs off the form b to say you are suitable etc and sends it in to the appointments section.

Sounds to me that your Form B could have been sitting in your station all this time - hope I am wrong !!!

No, you're right. You wont hear from HRM until you meet the local sargeant so get it done sharpish.

He he!!! gas!!!! :D...........

He he!!! gas!!!! :D...........

How did you get on last night?

called in.....met him....lovely man....flicked through my form in front of me.....commented on current employment etc and was out within 10 mins :D

• Advertisement

called in.....met him....lovely man....flicked through my form in front of me.....commented on current employment etc and was out within 10 mins :D

Short and sweet! Happy days.

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Hey Dub Chick.

well obviously my 'hehe gas! comment' was not in reply to the fact that my form had been 'sitting' in the local station! tis done now anyway! probs november for the Dub Chick......booooo hissssss!!!

probs november for the Dub Chick......booooo hissssss!!!

I'd say srdb20 is gutted now :pac::p

and he's not even here to defend himself!!!

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

just waiting on this call,

Passing the Pct was BRILLIANT!
    that college is some facility!

Fingers crossed for August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭quirkek2

Hi there, any spare seats in here??

Passed the PCT this week but still waiting on the call.. i know a lot of ye are waiting much longer than i am for the call but it kills knowing that it could be any time including after the start date but lets think positive! That's all that will get me through the next few weeks waiting for this call!

Rang HQ after the pct and they said they have no update so i have no idea whether its this famous 'one check outstanding scenario' or whether they've even started my checks or what...

Frustrating .... At least the process is nearly over though..im happy about that. Getting closer and closer to August..hopefully all will work out.

quirkek2 wrote: »
    Hi there, any spare seats in here??

Passed the PCT this week but still waiting on the call.. i know a lot of ye are waiting much longer than i am for the call but it kills knowing that it could be any time including after the start date but lets think positive! That's all that will get me through the next few weeks waiting for this call!

Rang HQ after the pct and they said they have no update so i have no idea whether its this famous 'one check outstanding scenario' or whether they've even started my checks or what...

Frustrating .... At least the process is nearly over though..im happy about that. Getting closer and closer to August..hopefully all will work out.

Have you been told your checks are clear yet?

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Have you been told your checks are clear yet?
    Nope not a word...they just said they'll be in touch as soon as the agency they've outsourced all this stuff to gets back to them. Yer man was sounds now in fairness and he went to check on the status but said they've heard nothing back so far.

Wish i knew what stage they were at at least.....

How bout yourself? Any update at all?

Wish i knew what stage they were at at least.....

How bout yourself? Any update at all?

I'm sure you'll get in for August, these "checks" have a habit of getting done pretty quickly when it comes close to the start date and they still have places to fill. Just ask myself or Haz33 about that one :D

I've to wait 2 weeks for the CMO to review my eyesight report, so hoping to get a pct date before middle of July. Checks are clear since end of April.
    I'm really keeping my fingers crossed to get in for August.
    Wouldn't be the same starting in November, and the rest of the lads down in t'more getting free pints off Haz :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm sure you'll get in for August, these "checks" have a habit of getting done pretty quickly when it comes close to the start date and they still have places to fill. Just ask myself or Haz33 about that one :D

I've to wait 2 weeks for the CMO to review my eyesight report, so hoping to get a pct date before middle of July. Checks are clear since end of April.
    I'm really keeping my fingers crossed to get in for August.
    Wouldn't be the same starting in November, and the rest of the lads down in t'more getting free pints off Haz :pac:
    Haha i must jump onto this 'Free pints from Haz' bandwagon! That good with you Haz??! It's the word on the street ye know..it'd be rude of me not to accept!!

I was reading about your laser eye surgery a while ago alright pvt...have your eyes settled down at this stage? I can imagine its a pain having to wait to do the pct. At least your checks are done though..thats less waiting for you once you have the pct done. if you get through that ok, which im sure you will, then you can walk out of there with your starting date so happy days.

I'm sure you know enough about it at this stage though to know it's not hard so dont be worrying about it anyway. The course is easy enough...you get to walk through it beforehand to familiarise yourself with it and the instrutor follows you around as you're doing it to point you in the right direction.

Thanks ..hopefully i'll be in for August...he said he'd give it special attention as he would to anybody who passed the pct to try to get them in for August. God i hate waiting!! :)

Haha i must jump onto this 'Free pints from Haz' bandwagon! That good with you Haz??! It's the word on the street ye know..it'd be rude of me not to accept!!

I was reading about your laser eye surgery a while ago alright pvt...have your eyes settled down at this stage? I can imagine its a pain having to wait to do the pct. At least your checks are done though..thats less waiting for you once you have the pct done. if you get through that ok, which im sure you will, then you can walk out of there with your starting date so happy days.

I'm sure you know enough about it at this stage though to know it's not hard so dont be worrying about it anyway. The course is easy enough...you get to walk through it beforehand to familiarise yourself with it and the instrutor follows you around as you're doing it to point you in the right direction.

Thanks ..hopefully i'll be in for August...he said he'd give it special attention as he would to anybody who passed the pct to try to get them in for August. God i hate waiting!! :)

Yeah, apparantly Haz said in an earlier post a month or so ago that he'd buy everyone from boards who starts in August a pint the first week. Sound man!
    Yeah the eye (only got 1 done) has settled down totally now, and has been for the last 4 weeks! Very frustrating knowing that the report is just sitting on a desk waiting to be read alright, but I've waited this long, so I'm sure I can manage another 2 weeks :cool:

We'll all be down in August :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭mc-panda

Waiting is horrible lads. But fair play to ye for sticking it out. As the man said though, there's no short cut to anywhere worth going. So continue the fight. Chin up. Chest out. Forward ever. Backnward never.

Yeah, apparantly Haz said in an earlier post a month or so ago that he'd buy everyone from boards who starts in August a pint the first week. Sound man!

Are you sure? I thought he said "a pint every week"

Are you sure? I thought he said "a pint every week"

I think you're right. Of course with his advanced age, he'll probably claim senility for the fact that he "forgot" he said it :pac::D

I think you're right. Of course with his advanced age, he'll probably claim senility for the fact that he "forgot" he said it :pac::D

Good thing we have it on writing then. No getting out of this one.

• Advertisement

Good thing we have it on writing then. No getting out of this one.

Yep, he has deleted his post since, but I had the foresight to print it out, so I can produce it down there if needs be :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭D22

Hmmmm....still no word here. Im being very restraint and not ringing HRM at all. Last time I rang I was told the checks were being done and I'd hear as soon as they were in so I dont think there's much point.

Off on holidays for a few weeks so hopefully I'll have a nice brown envelope waiting when I come back. :)

Welcome to all the "newbies" in the waiting room. Leave room for those who arrived first to get out first though :D:D

:)

I done a small bit better than you on time and weight at PCT so ya might want to jump on a different wagon!! Hate to see you get stung lol :D:D

:DIn light of recent proceedings brought by Haz33 in relation to "FREE DRINK" we must now refrain from discussing the matter. (until someone else offers) :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭missmorbeg

Hello Everyone,
    Ive been quiet for a while but im just here to wish all you nailbiters the besta luck , I currently have no nails left and the thoughts of a free pint from Haz in august is getting me through these final tough days.

Sorry haz!

Just KEEP HER LIT RITE!!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement