Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - The Waiting Room

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

I'm in the same boat joker/kaiser! Though I did my PCT before a week or two before you.

Going to give them another ring in a while see if they have any more news for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

Vikings wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat joker/kaiser! Though I did my PCT before a week or two before you.

Going to give them another ring in a while see if they have any more news for me.

Let me know how you get on, I rang yesterday and the girl said the guy who deals with job offers was on the phone, she took my number and said he'd give me a ring in a few minutes. That was 24 hours ago !

pvt.joker wrote: »
    Let me know how you get on, I rang yesterday and the girl said the guy who deals with job offers was on the phone, she took my number and said he'd give me a ring in a few minutes. That was 24 hours ago !

Just rang there and got through to a guy. He basically told me that if they havn't got back in touch with me yet then they don't have an update for me.

Now the last two times I rang I got through to a very nice woman who looked up my file and was able to actually give me an update. This time I was told to wait it out. So you might want to wait until afternoon/tomorrow and try get through to the woman again :p

I'm in a bind though, i'm taking holidays from work next week so I pretty much need to know by Friday if I am making the 5th so that I can give notice in here. And even at that rate it would not be the full 2 weeks that I need to give so the sooner I know the better, heres hoping there will be a letter in the door when I get home!

Just rang there and got through to a guy. He basically told me that if they havn't got back in touch with me yet then they don't have an update for me.

Now the last two times I rang I got through to a very nice woman who looked up my file and was able to actually give me an update. This time I was told to wait it out. So you might want to wait until afternoon/tomorrow and try get through to the woman again :p

I'm in a bind though, i'm taking holidays from work next week so I pretty much need to know by Friday if I am making the 5th so that I can give notice in here. And even at that rate it would not be the full 2 weeks that I need to give so the sooner I know the better, heres hoping there will be a letter in the door when I get home!

I think I got that guy before, he was very unhelpful, basically told me he "couldnt provide that information" . Thanks for the heads up, ill hold off until tomorrow and hopefully the woman will be on. Im a bit better off, i have given my notice already in the hope that ill get august, ive been told theyll let me stay till november though if i dont get august so im a bit lucky like that. Still hoping to hear this week, as I'll need to get someone in to rent my room , tie up loose ends etc before the 5th, so next week would be very short notice

I think I got that guy before, he was very unhelpful, basically told me he "couldnt provide that information" . Thanks for the heads up, ill hold off until tomorrow and hopefully the woman will be on. Im a bit better off, i have given my notice already in the hope that ill get august, ive been told theyll let me stay till november though if i dont get august so im a bit lucky like that. Still hoping to hear this week, as I'll need to get someone in to rent my room , tie up loose ends etc before the 5th, so next week would be very short notice

Yeah he wasn't very helpful. In the time it took him to explain to me that if they had not gotten back to me already etc. etc., he could have just looked up my file and let me know what was happening! Like I understand his reasoning for not giving out the information - he obviously doesn't want everybody ringing up trying to find out about their applications but for people who are just waiting on the word to start for the next intake they could at least look up their files.

Yeah he wasn't very helpful. In the time it took him to explain to me that if they had not gotten back to me already etc. etc., he could have just looked up my file and let me know what was happening! Like I understand his reasoning for not giving out the information - he obviously doesn't want everybody ringing up trying to find out about their applications but for people who are just waiting on the word to start for the next intake they could at least look up their files.

Yeah, bad form. I've had mixed responses from HQ, some people have been excellent, he's the only guy who's been unhelpful,basically made me feel stupid for ringing up :rolleyes:
    Like god forbid people are anxious to know if they'll be starting a new job in 10 days time. :rolleyes:

Phoned this morning, may as well have been speaking to a brick wall for all the information I got.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

Phoned this morning, may as well have been speaking to a brick wall for all the information I got.:rolleyes:

tink postive thoughts and it will happen!

Jacqui21 wrote: »
    tink postive thoughts and it will happen!

Or maybe ill just ring back and hope that someone helpful answers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Jacqui21

Or maybe ill just ring back and hope that someone helpful answers :)

i heard you have to hound them to get the answer you want. just keep your cool and some one will be helpful! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Elayne08

Hey, If i were u i'd ring back this afternoon. Keep onto them until u get a decent response.

Elayne08 wrote: »
    Hey, If i were u i'd ring back this afternoon. Keep onto them until u get a decent response.

ah I dono. It just annoys me ringing them cos you usually just get fed the usual crap and then im just in a bad mood for the rest of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭ojewriej

ah I dono. It just annoys me ringing them cos you usually just get fed the usual crap and then im just in a bad mood for the rest of the day!

I know the feeling, I was exactly the same. It's so frustrating.

Sorry to hear that kaiser. Don't give up, there is still time.

Why are people calling you kaiser?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Were you thinking something more crazy or sinister:p

Elayne08 wrote: »
    Why are people calling you kaiser?!!

:D

I used to be called kaizersoze1981 until I got banned on another forum, so I made this account :)

srdb20 wrote: »
    Alright folks due to huge demand my photo is now up.. so you will all know what i look like....:pac::pac::pac::pac:
    :eek:
    :eek::eek:
    Jesus man, put some clothes on ! :D:eek:

:eek:
    :eek::eek:
    Jesus man, put some clothes on ! :D:eek:

Only up and still in bed like, hungover from my leaving party last night and then i i have all these peoples asking me for a photo so ya know give the people what they want:D

Only up and still in bed like, hungover from my leaving party last night and then i i have all these peoples asking me for a photo so ya know give the people what they want:D

My eyes are only recovered from this laser surgery operation, then you go and do that to them :eek::D

• Advertisement

My eyes are only recovered from this laser surgery operation, then you go and do that to them :eek::D

:D

Hey Joker, I rang again today too. Did you get the woman or a man?

I got through to the woman this time who looked up my file for me again. Told me that my b/g checks were not back yet so August looked extremely unlikely.

She also told me that the August class was now full and that there was only 1 or 2 more spaces to fill because of cancellations.

So it looks like it will be November now, November 3rd was the date she gave me.

I got through to the woman this time who looked up my file for me again. Told me that my b/g checks were not back yet so August looked extremely unlikely.

She also told me that the August class was now full and that there was only 1 or 2 more spaces to fill because of cancellations.

So it looks like it will be November now, November 3rd was the date she gave me.

Ya basically the same as what i was told yesterday!! Except the guy i was onto said there's usually a good lot of people who defer it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dub chick

Jeez i don't think i could wait much longer than Nov!!!! hopefully someone will give me a god damn medical date by then!!! :rolleyes:

I got the man. Knew straightaway I wasnt going to get any info :(

Looks like november for us alright man. Pain, but nothing we can do I guess. I may just ring and let them know im available to go down at short notice, if cancellations/deferrals come up.

How you set for november, you going to keep working till then or head off for a while?

Told me that my b/g checks were not back yet so August looked extremely unlikely.

These background checks are all a smokescreen I reckon. They were desperate for people for the may intake, and i got a phonecall to be told mine had come back and could i start in may.

Now that they've got their quota for August, suddenly my checks aren't in fact clear. If I was a suspiciously minded person, I would suspect a conspiracy :D

I'll say no more

• Advertisement

Dub chick wrote: »
    Jeez i don't think i could wait much longer than Nov!!!! hopefully someone will give me a god damn medical date by then!!! :rolleyes:

When did ya pass your interview?

Looks like november for us alright man. Pain, but nothing we can do I guess. I may just ring and let them know im available to go down at short notice, if cancellations/deferrals come up.

How you set for november, you going to keep working till then or head off for a while?

PVT.Joker................sure the banter will be mighty in Nov, Dub Chick to the rescue .......dooooooooooo......... doooooooooooo............doooooooooooo...... doooooooooooooooooooo probs doesn't feel like it now though i'm sure .............chin up buddy!!! Im getting piles from sitting in this room myself!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

May...........i know i know there are people wayyyyyyyyyyy worse off then me, a million times.....i just need to see progress is all

PVT.Joker................sure the banter will be mighty in Nov, Dub Chick to the rescue .......dooooooooooo......... doooooooooooo............doooooooooooo...... doooooooooooooooooooo probs doesn't feel like it now though i'm sure .............chin up buddy!!! Im getting piles from sitting in this room myself!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr lol

meh, doesn't feel like it now alright, but I'm trying to see the bright side of it. Positive points include:

*I've handed in my notice, they begged me to stay,and said they would give me a bonus if i defer to november. SO.....im going to tell them I have deffered till November :D:D

*Give me a chance to head off somewhere for a couple weeks before November. If I was in for August, I'd be finishing work next Friday,and heading down the following Tuesday.

I'd still prefer August though :cool:

meh, doesn't feel like it now alright, but I'm trying to see the bright side of it. Positive points include:

*I've handed in my notice, they begged me to stay,and said they would give me a bonus if i defer to november. SO.....im going to tell them I have deffered till November :D:D

*Give me a chance to head off somewhere for a couple weeks before November. If I was in for August, I'd be finishing work next Friday,and heading down the following Tuesday.

I'd still prefer August though :cool:

i know i know but hey.............you get to go on a holiday before AND you get a break for crimbo now......AND by the time we come out we'll be available for free flow (or so the story goes) apparently no one is fond of it so overtime city for us novices!!

• Advertisement

i know i know but hey.............you get to go on a holiday before AND you get a break for crimbo now......AND by the time we come out we'll be available for free flow (or so the story goes) apparently no one is fond of it so overtime city for us novices!!

Yeah, I was just looking forward to getting that free pint from Haz ya know, and kicking Mason's ass in a re-run of the pct. :D
    ah well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

and kicking Mason's ass in a re-run of the pct. :D
    ah well

Lets not not be delusional now shall we :p

Yeah, I was just looking forward to getting that free pint from Haz ya know, and kicking Mason's ass in a re-run of the pct. :D
    ah well

ah jaysus i'll buy ye a pint on thurs!!!!

won't be there if I don't have a letter.

Too depressing :(

I wouldn't start saying that, thats how Haz started off and now look the poor guy is working just to pay for pints for half of Templemore:p

November is pretty good for me actually. I get to catch the start of the NFL season on TV every weekend for September+October which will be pretty good and I get more time to save up some money for going down, might even try pay off the bloody car that broke down on me :mad:

I'd probably take a couple weeks off in October and then head down - assuming I hear back by November that is!!!!

November is pretty good for me actually. I get to catch the start of the NFL season on TV every weekend for September+October which will be pretty good and I get more time to save up some money for going down, might even try pay off the bloody car that broke down on me :mad:

I'd probably take a couple weeks off in October and then head down - assuming I hear back by November that is!!!!

You heading over to London for the regular season match? I had the code but forgot about it :( Hopefully there'll be more released.
    Can't beat the old Sunday night football alright, not much chance of catching that down in templemore!

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Haz33

I wouldn't start saying that, thats how Haz started off and now look the poor guy is working just to pay for pints for half of Templemore:p

Actually FYI I never offered. So be very she would need to be very careful. Where is this picture and why cant I find it ???

Haz33 wrote: »
    Actually FYI I never offered. So be very she would need to be very careful. Where is this picture and why cant I find it ???

Good thing we have it in writing:
    I'm paying for all the drinks on our first night in Pollys. All of them, for every single person there. AbraKebabra is on me as well. And I will also give ojewriej 500 euro,

Are you trying to get out of it now Haz?

Where is this picture and why cant I find it ???

Trust me, somethings you just don't want to see. :eek::cool:

• Advertisement

ojewriej wrote: »
    Good thing we have it in writing:

Are you trying to get out of it now Haz?

How the F**k did you do that.:eek: I am being impersonated, its a crime I tell you! Are the Gardai still here......get them.......they're bleedin' useless !!! :D

ojewriej wrote: »
    I oj want to apologise unreservedly to Haz33 and his family for any hurt or offense caused by my misconduct and idiousy. I will of course accept the burden which has been wrongfully placed upon him and I will be buying all the drinks instead and I will pay Haz's mortgage for the next two years.signed Oj the polish wonderguard.

Apology accepted......mine's a guinness! :D

Phoned HQ today, got a helpful chap. Numbers not looking good for anyone hoping for August. The problem is that there were around 50 deferrals from May, so that was always going to have a big impact on August. You never know though, could get called with a deferral yourself before the 5th. Otherwise it's the next intake, which according to them should be happening in or around November.
    Could be worse I suppose. I don't know how, but I'm sure it could :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭RichieM.08

Phoned HQ today, got a helpful chap. Numbers not looking good for anyone hoping for August. The problem is that there were around 50 deferrals from May, so that was always going to have a big impact on August. You never know though, could get called with a deferral yourself before the 5th. Otherwise it's the next intake, which according to them should be happening in or around November.
    Could be worse I suppose. I don't know how, but I'm sure it could :)

hang in there mate, i was in the same boat as you for both the feb and may intakes and i know its not nice watching the phone as the days pass by wishing it would ring.but good things come to those who wait! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭Paolo5

Could they tell you anything about your own file or just general info to keep you happy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 biddy08

Hi Everyone,

Could someone please tell me do they tell you your backround checks are clear by mail or by phone call or what..... I had my interview early May and still waiting on checks medical and physical. Also how do they notify us for the medical?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tinytots2008

biddy08 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

Could someone please tell me do they tell you your backround checks are clear by mail or by phone call or what..... I had my interview early May and still waiting on checks medical and physical. Also how do they notify us for the medical?

done my interview in early may to.....they rang me in the at the end of june and told me my background check was completed and then asked me would i be able to attend for a medical in july that the way it worked for me anyways everyone different i think

Paolo5 wrote: »
    Could they tell you anything about your own file or just general info to keep you happy?

They won't tell you any details really, just genreal stuff like "We are still waiting for one agency to come back to us" or something like that.
    Hi Everyone,

I don't think they inform you that your checks are clear, but if you'll ring them yourself, they should tell you.

As for medical and physical, they will call you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Dr_MaSoN

Hi Everyone,

it's a phone call in the majority of cases, though my checks werent clear when i did my medical.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

I might as well join you lads here. I should be joining the Gardai soon enough but in civilian capacity. I'm waiting on the health and character declaration clearance.
    I'd love to know when I start as its so hard to plan your life not knowing where you are working in teh next month.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement