Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ACCA Study Leave

• 07-05-2008 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi All,

ACCA students: Just wondering what sort of study leave your employers are giving you to sit ACCA's in terms of exams/revision days/etc.

Is it mainly paid/unpaid/holiday??

Trying to work out am I getting a bum deal!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Study leave = 10 days per year Paid

also exams and tution paid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davide

Digitally yours :

you get 10 days paid but what about unpaid leave? Do you end up taking a lot of your holidays to get through the exams/study??

anyone else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

2 Days per exam (1 plus 1). I try to use as few holidays as possible, maybe one each session...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 184 ✭✭Climber

Do you end up taking a lot of your holidays to get through the exams/study??

This is always an issue for training accountants.

Traditionally we normally get 1 day per exam to study and 1 day to sit the exam. Obviously, no-one will pass if they start studying the day before the exam, so, a lot of people take annual leave, maybe 1 week before the exam, and try and cram, cram, cram.

My opinion is that Annual leave should be for Holidays, to get away from work/study etc. and relax. It's very un-healthy not having a holiday.

If you study in the evenings and at weekends for 3 months then you should pass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Shurwhynot

Im a trainee CPA and the firm i'm with gives a full paid week per exam plus the full exam week itself. So if i have 2 exams i get 3 paid weeks off...very good system being honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

cailinoBAC wrote: »
    2 Days per exam (1 plus 1). I try to use as few holidays as possible, maybe one each session...

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mrfuncle

Doing ACCA at the mo, 1 week per exam and the day of the exam paid!

Practice is the way to go my man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 davide

1 week per exam is very decent. It really is all about trying to get to lectures and doing practice. I'm trying to do 3 this sitting and it's not easy!!

Advertisement