Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodge AIB Account money into Ulster Bank

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

I asked someone to lodge some money into AIB for me. I gave them my lodgement slip and all for AIB.

They went and lodged it in Ulster Bank and the girl in the bank assured them it would go straight in.

The money is not in my account.

What's happening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

random wrote: »
    I asked someone to lodge some money into AIB for me. I gave them my lodgement slip and all for AIB.

They went and lodged it in Ulster Bank and the girl in the bank assured them it would go straight in.

The money is not in my account.

What's happening?

It will get there, it can take upto 3 working days. There is no way the girl told him straight away and if she 100% did, she's an idiot.

Your money is in the Bank system on its way to AIB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

What benefit is it to Ulster bank that she did that? Why would they do it?

Would it be because she's a customer?

I also have an account in that Ulster Bank branch but it's not showing in that either .. so I'm sorta confused.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's no benefit to UB to do this. The reason it takes so long is because it has to go through the interbank clearing system to get from UB to AIB. TBH, if a customer comes into me with an other bank lodgement I'll always make a point of mentioning that it can take 3-5 working days to make it's way to the account. If the cashier told him it'll be in straight away she's an idiot. It wouldn't have gone into your UB account if they used your AIB lodgement slip. The best way to avoid this in the future is if you're getting someone else to lodge money for you insist that they go to an AIB branch, that way it'll be in instantly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

"The best way to avoid this in the future is if you're getting someone else to lodge money for you insist that they go to an AIB branch, that way it'll be in instantly."

You don't know how clear I made this ... evening being asked repeatedly if they could lodge it in Ulster I told them no ... what can one do ... if you want something done right do it yourself!

Thanks anyway lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

random wrote: »
    if you want something done right do it yourself!

Thanks anyway lads.

Thats it in one.. :p

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thats it in one.. :p

QFT

Advertisement