Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling clubs?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭

Right folks, I need some info!

Those of you who are members of clubs, how much is membership yearly, if anything, and do you get good value for your money?

What kind of things do the clubs provide that you think is good, what would you like to see provided in an ideal club?

You can probably guess why I'm asking these questions :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

50 euro and another 50 for cycling Ireland membership.
    I find it good as I dont know many people who are in to cycling and there are spins a couple of times a week.
    There have also been some talks on training and bike setup. There are also club races but I dont race

• Registered Users Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Our club is 25 membership and a CI license for club racing is another 50 (120 or so for the full race license). The main benefit apart from often cheap gear and a bunch of lads to train with is that the club subsidises us if we are going to long stage races or races far away, plus you are insured if you crash in a race or even on a club training ride, very important as one of our lads who had a serious crash this winter will testify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

spot on quigs. having freinds to train with, rain or shine, is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

i think to join my local club was €25 then another bit for cycing ireland membership it doesnt cost that much and you also have insurance

plus you get cheap gear and free biscuits after races :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Those of you who are members of clubs, how much is membership yearly, if anything, and do you get good value for your money?

€50 a year and €20 extra if you want to participate in the club league. There's also Cycling Ireland membership, but everyone has to pay that.
    What kind of things do the clubs provide that you think is good

Opportunity to race, insurance, chance to ride with others and the possibility of picking up some knowledge from the older hands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement