Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bring bike back from US???

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭

Hey guys

Im heading to the states in August and im hoping to buy a new road bike and maybe a downhill frame (depending on funds)
    Whats the best way to bring theses back, i know i could buy a bike bag but the misses will have tons of bags to bring back so dont want to be hit hard by the airline. i was thinking if i could post them back?any idea on cost?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

this has been covered not to long ago, search for it. You may get away with bringing home a bike, but a frame aswell??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

If you want to avoid paying a lump in tax you would be better off bringing the bike with you on the plane and pretending you were on a cycling holiday. Check with the airline, some trans-atlantic flights allow a bike for free but as part of your (30kg) baggage allowance while some it will be a fixed fee, substantially less than you would pay in excess baggage.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭barrabus

about USD 250

Advertisement