Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Custom Duty from America... Please Help

• 07-05-2008 8:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi

I ordered bikinis from victoria secrets and they came today and I also got a letter saying that I owe 60.00 euro

how much is import tax on goods from america? My bikinis only came to 120.00 euro so that would be 50%

thats very high isnt it?

your help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583 They might be able to help you more.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

They charge on delivery too as far as I know. I've gotten stuff from VS before and luckily never had to pay charges. Sometimes stuff gets through and sometimes it doesn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

lilly07 wrote: »
    Hi

I ordered bikinis from victoria secrets and they came today and I also got a letter saying that I owe 60.00 euro

how much is import tax on goods from america? My bikinis only came to 120.00 euro so that would be 50%

thats very high isnt it?

your help would be greatly appreciated

Make sure you add on the cost of delivery as that's included in the amount that customs work out the tax on.

Advertisement