Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

****e weather

Options
  • 07-05-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Anyone else finding this recent streak of good weather is decimating your study time!!?Any tips on studying with this weather?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Too sunny and warm to study. Girls have started mitching off after-school study to play frisbee. However, I'm not complaining. A warm summer would be appreciated this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

However, I'm not complaining. A warm summer would be appreciated this year.

True, but it is a pain in the arse sitting in studying whilst the weather is so good!!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Parsley

Probly gonna be sweatin our bollix off in the exam hall too. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

Parsley wrote: »
    Probly gonna be sweatin our bollix off in the exam hall too. :(

Good shout that man!

Was doin' my LCVP today and the pen kept slipping out me jaysus hand!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Pain indeed, same with my junior cert I believe (2006)...
    As long as its still good for the summer I'll get over it, like Id rather be sweating and the likes in side the exam hall than have the weather we had last summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

Try getting up earlier in studying when it's cooler i.e before 11.

Then chill during the day.

Go back to study at 5/6.

Of course this only works if your not in school (as discussed in a previous thread).

Also don't get sunburnt.

If you've spent a long sunny hot day in school, when you come home have a shower/bath and chill for the evening. Maybe do an hour or two from 8-10.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭plastic-man

yeh good advice.. sunburn wud really suck rite now.. out of curiosity are u doin the LC urself randomness?

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Randomness

yeh good advice.. sunburn wud really suck rite now.. out of curiosity are u doin the LC urself randomness?

no actually i'm in first year in college but for some reason i'm feeling like giving advice a lot lately!! probably because in the real world i.e not on the internet, friends who are doing the leaving cert are asking me a lot more questions in the last few weeks so my ideas/thoughts from last year are popping into my head!

as with everything though you know yourself what works for you individually interms of study/sun-exposure/leisure time/stressing out etc. so any advice i have would be from my point of view but may benefit someone out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

1huge1 wrote: »
    Pain indeed, same with my junior cert I believe (2006)...
    As long as its still good for the summer I'll get over it, like Id rather be sweating and the likes in side the exam hall than have the weather we had last summer

We sweated our bollicks in the exam hall then the weather got sh*te.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

It'll be good until the end of the exams. Then you can kiss its ass good bye. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

if you need/want to go out for a couple hours my advice is Do. It'll start to affect your focus the more it tempts you so just get it over with.

Advertisement