Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

El classico la liga

• 07-05-2008 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Madrid 1 Barca 0

Raul super goal, coud be a rout on SS1 now.

kdjac

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

lol valdes is abit rubbish tbh, even taibi wouldn't have spilt that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2 robben

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭Chong

This is brillaint go on the Madrid.

Barca are woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Barça are absolutely muck! First goal shouldn't have been allowed because of a foul on Marquez but apart from that, Madrid have pissed all over them. I really hate Guti though but I don't think it's possible to actually like him!:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

El ownage del Real Marih!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

from eurosport.com

43' Ramos fires in a vicious cross-cum-shot from the right that narrowly eludes Raul at the back post!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

APM wrote: »
    from eurosport.com

43' Ramos fires in a vicious cross-cum-shot from the right that narrowly eludes Raul at the back post!

Well it is an exiting match! Some people get carried away i suppose.

Everyone point and laugh at Valdes.

3-0 now, Higuain.

It'll finish 5-0, you can put money on that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

One more to go Citeog!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Wonderful stuff from Messi and Casillas respectively there

[edit]Terry henry with a nice finish, 4-1 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Barca just playing awful,without any motivation,they are on the pitch like they are only there coz they are forced,Real celebrated title before game,Barca was humiliated in every way before this game so i expected they will play like this,like half dead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,168 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Xavi off. Barca are a joke at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

FT Real Madrid 4 - 1 Barcelona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

What did Xavi get sent off for, I didnt see the incident. Was he giving dissent to the ref?

Anyways, that surely signals the end of Rijkaard's reign. He looked completely despondent on the sidelines and it seemed to rub off on the players. A pathetic performance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭gucci

What did Xavi get sent off for, I didnt see the incident. Was he giving dissent to the ref?

Anyways, that surely signals the end of Rijkaard's reign. He looked completely despondent on the sidelines and it seemed to rub off on the players. A pathetic performance.

Yeah seemed to be for dissent, pretty much summed up Barcas attitude to the night really. Best goal of the night was the third for Madrid, Higuan with a great first touch (his first after coming on as a sub) and great finish. Similarly Van Nistelrooy scored penalty with his first kick too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,430 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

anyone see highlights of the levante/depor match? apparently the levante players refused to play, just stood in the centre circle and let depor run through (they kicked it out for a goal kick). Is in the BBC Gossip column this monring... crazy

Was it Levante who had financial problems and their players were un paid?

Oh here we are, from reuters.com
    MADRID, May 7 (Reuters) - Players from relegated Levante stood still after the kickoff of their Primera Liga game against Deportivo Coruna on Wednesday in protest at the cash-strapped club's failure to pay them money they are owed this season.

The Levante players, who had taken to the pitch wearing T-shirts protesting about their predicament, stood in the centre circle while a Deportivo player ran the length of the pitch and then kicked the ball out for a goal kick.

The game resumed normally after the restart.

Last month the players threatened to go on strike if they did not receive the money owed but called off the action after the club promised to pay up.

Levante have suffered financial problems throughout the campaign because of increased expenses, lower than expected television revenue and delays to a plan to raise funds by selling their city-centre stadium. (Reporting by Simon Baskett)

Crazy stuff....why didnt the Deportivo player launch a shot at goal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^ Sportsmanship I would guess.

Re Madrid Vs Barca. Did anyone tell Barca that the guard of honour was only for before the game, not for the length of it?

I would also assume this is Rijkaards last Classico. Who to take over though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭justfortherecor

Quick video of the Levante incident:
    http://101greatgoals.magnify.net/item/XWB4R6PLY9P2N4H7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

well i think it has been pretty much sorted that guardiola will take over the team, he is already there wiht the youths or reserves

sure when Deco and Eto'o purposely get themselves ruled out of the game there isnt much you can do.

Barca were shocking, messi was the only one who tried and when he got the ball he was class. madrid tried to rough him up an awful lot though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

gucci wrote: »
    Crazy stuff....why didnt the Deportivo player launch a shot at goal?

Sportsmanship as Gimmick says. Probably professional solidarity and maybe a players association or union directive in there aswell.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Sportsmanship as Gimmick says. Probably professional solidarity and maybe a players association or union directive in there aswell.

Yeah i guess so, i understand the sentiments.

event wrote: »
    well i think it has been pretty much sorted that guardiola will take over the team, he is already there wiht the youths or reserves

The press in Barcelona are very much against this given he has one seasons managerial experience with the Barcelona B side, in the 3rd tier of the Spanish league. They will have to go for a big name. Laudraup is probably a no no. I don't think the fans would accept Mourinho given his horrific style of play. Scolari maybe (Man City rumours aside)?

gimmick wrote: »
    The press in Barcelona are very much against this given he has one seasons managerial experience with the Barcelona B side, in the 3rd tier of the Spanish league. They will have to go for a big name. Laudraup is probably a no no. I don't think the fans would accept Mourinho given his horrific style of play. Scolari maybe (Man City rumours aside)?

apparently mourinho is the fans choice - but not the choice of the barcelona board. What i have read is that they did meet with Mourinho, but they wanted to have Pep Guardiola as his assistant or working alongside him anyway - Mourinho refused as he felt this would be undermining him before he even got started and the talks broke down over that.

event wrote: »
    Barca were shocking, messi was the only one who tried and when he got the ball he was class. madrid tried to rough him up an awful lot though

Tbh, Messi was awful up until about the 80th minute. Yeah he got a few kicks and an elbow in the jaw from Guti, but that's life. I don't think a single Barça player could claim to have played well last night.

Anyway, the managerial situation is weird because there aren't really that many top class managers around that fit the bill. Mourinho epitomises everything that's anti-Barça and although he's a proven winner, he'd be the wrong choice for me. If Guardiola was to make the step up, they'd need another Ten Cate to compliment him, like they did with Rijkaard when he won the league and double consecutively. He's been a huge loss for Barça and imo, is the main reason why Chelsea are still challenging for the double rather than Grant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Tauren wrote: »
    apparently mourinho is the fans choice - but not the choice of the barcelona board.

You sure its not the opposite?:confused: the barca fans hate Jose, be like SAF being the "fans choice" to take over from Rafa :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

If Ferguson had been managing Liverpool for the past five years, they'd have won the league at least once.

Mr Alan wrote: »
    You sure its not the opposite?:confused: the barca fans hate Jose, be like SAF being the "fans choice" to take over from Rafa :eek:

i am certain that is what i read - whether it is true is another matter though.

It's been confirmed, Rijkaard will step down at the end of the season and Guardiola will take over. Hardly surprising but it'd be a shame if Barça fans forgot about everything he's achieved in the past 5 years because of this season. Best of luck to him anyway wherever he goes.

Source: http://www.elpais.com/articulo/deportes/Laporta/anuncia/Guardiola/relevara/Rijkaard/final/temporada/elpepudep/20080508elpepudep_14/Tes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

gimmick wrote: »
    The press in Barcelona are very much against this given he has one seasons managerial experience with the Barcelona B side, in the 3rd tier of the Spanish league. They will have to go for a big name.

really?:)

^ Well shut my mouth! ;)

It's half time in "El Mini Clasico" and Atletico lead Espanyol 2-0.

Goals from Agüero and Forlán. Espanyol are absolutely shocking in defence without Jarque and but for a very good save by their keeper when Luis Garcia ghosted in and poor control from Maxi Rodriguez, they could so easily be 4-0 down. Agüero is absolute class:) aswell!

Game finished 2-0 and the second half was fairly dour tbh, apart from an unbelievable volley from Maxi Rodriguez that had goal of the season written all over it, until it hit the bar and spun back down, off the post and out. I can't find it online but it should be up by tomorrow morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

An Citeog wrote: »
    Game finished 2-0 and the second half was fairly dour tbh, apart from an unbelievable volley from Maxi Rodriguez that had goal of the season written all over it, until it hit the bar and spun back down, off the post and out. I can't find it online but it should be up by tomorrow morning.

Jaysus, you can't be seen around here giving credit to Atletico Madrid Citeog!!! They're a **** team without Torres, sher he was their only good player. And his goals tally was only worse than his tally at Liverpool by the fact he was playing around (and I quote) 'apes'...

Seriously though, Maxi is quality, glad to see him playing so well after an injury filled last season. He has such a good volley, remember the goal of WC06 where he scored the winner against Mexico in extra time... On his bad foot and everything... Sublime.

I dont want to talk about El Derby, worst 90 minutes of football for me all season. Madrid played the perfect game, they look like slowly they are building towards another CL winning team...

eZe^ wrote: »
    Jaysus, you can't be seen around here giving credit to Atletico Madrid Citeog!!! They're a **** team without Torres, sher he was their only good player. And his goals tally was only worse than his tally at Liverpool by the fact he was playing around (and I quote) 'apes'...

Seriously though, Maxi is quality, glad to see him playing so well after an injury filled last season. He has such a good volley, remember the goal of WC06 where he scored the winner against Mexico in extra time... On his bad foot and everything... Sublime.

I dont want to talk about El Derby, worst 90 minutes of football for me all season. Madrid played the perfect game, they look like slowly they are building towards another CL winning team...

Meh, Atletico are a far better team now and with Agüero not even 20 yet, it's frightening to think how good he could be. He's already taken over from Torres this season and has been phenomenal.

Maxi's volley was with his good foot this time. About 6 yards from the endline and 10 yards to the left of the goal. It's such a pity it didn't find the top corner.

Anyway, back to Madrid. I'm not quite sure about the team they're building tbh. They've got quality young players in Ramos, Robinho, Sneijder and Robben and Casillas in goal but they're not exactly galacticos. They're still fairly dodgy at the back and Raul and RVN aren't getting any younger. I don't see Saviola or Higuain as their long term replacements either. Will Schuster even be in the job next season if Jose Mourinho comes knocking?

Barça have a big rebuilding job to do now though. Valdes, Puyol, Milito, Touré, Iniesta, Messi and Bojan will definitely be staying (I'm not sure about Xavi atm) but there are no guarantees that anyone else in the squad will be there next season. All's still not well in the Blaugrana camp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Madrids defence is inconsistent, Pepe can look phenomenal one minute and absolutely woeful, but he is young, with experience comes consistency, he will become world class. Ramos is the imo the best in the world in his position. Heinze is solid, nothing amazing, but solid. Marcelo looks promising, quite a headless chicken, but if thought properly could be moulded to mimic Roberto Carlos. Higuain will definitely be slowly introduced as a starting striker, Raul is still only 30. And with David Villa almost definitely joining Madrid in the summer they are definitely almost there with their rebuild. Gago has also been immense this season, not to mention Casillas, Robinho, Sneijder, Diarra and even at times Guti. Its frightening..

Ive already stated that I dont think its neccessary to get rid of 11 players, getting rid of 5 is more than enough, as long as Pep can implement a tough training regime with specific detail on defensive tactics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

eZe^ wrote: »
    Madrids defence is inconsistent, Pepe can look phenomenal one minute and absolutely woeful, but he is young, with experience comes consistency, he will become world class. Ramos is the imo the best in the world in his position. Heinze is solid, nothing amazing, but solid. Marcelo looks promising, quite a headless chicken, but if thought properly could be moulded to mimic Roberto Carlos. Higuain will definitely be slowly introduced as a starting striker, Raul is still only 30. And with David Villa almost definitely joining Madrid in the summer they are definitely almost there with their rebuild. Gago has also been immense this season, not to mention Casillas, Robinho, Sneijder, Diarra and even at times Guti. Its frightening..

Ive already stated that I dont think its neccessary to get rid of 11 players, getting rid of 5 is more than enough, as long as Pep can implement a tough training regime with specific detail on defensive tactics...
    I said it before and I'll say it again, Guti is world class. Once again he's King of Assists this season setting up 16 in 25 starts, more than any other player. Again. Never forget last season when he set up all 3 at the Nou Camp!

I agree that Madrid are potentially a frightening prospect with the addition of Villa. I would have loved to have seen them play Man Utd this season over two legs... they would at least have managed to score!

Advertisement