Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it really worth the effort???

Options
  • 07-05-2008 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hey Guys,

OK, I have recently spotted a car over in England that I'm pretty interested in. However the question remains is it really worth it??

The car is...

SEAT Toledo, 1.9 TDi SE - 130 Bhp (6 speed)
    47,000 miles
    good spec with full dealer history (checks out on HPI)

All in all I have estimated the total cost to be around 11,500 euro which includes...

- VRT
    - exhange rate
    - Full AA inspection (although would probably need to that that here too!)
    - flight
    - ferry
    - estimated fuel

I've had a look on the various used car sites for Ireland but can't really get a close enough match plus the prices seem to vary in order to do a good comparison. Besides there dosen't seem to be many 2nd hand 130 BHP of the above around.

Anyways, any opinions would be very much appreciated!!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Why would you want to go to all that trouble for a SEAT Toledo, 1.9 TDi SE - 130 Bhp

Loads more nicer cars out there for that kind of money.....do you do over 30,000 miles a year if not petrol might be worth a look these days.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

It's well worth a trip over, I got my car in Birmingham and drove to Hollyhead for the ferry.
    You will get a higher spec car thats been better minded for less money, plus there are more ways to check that the car is legit, i.e not clocked/write off/finance owed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

deffo worth it mate ... i went over this time last year and got a cracker of a car...because your car will/should be higher spec it'll be easier sell when you go to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

Definitely worth it, the savings are there for the taking.

Nice car btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hard one to call really with regards a Seat Toledo. I think the real savings are probably with more main stream models.

Here is an Irish 150bhp version for the same money, granted it has a bit more mileage on it though:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/SEAT/Toledo/TDI-150bhp/873238/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 ching9000

cheers guys. Think I might go for it, as was mentioned the high spec is very attractive plus the whole transparency on the car's history, i.e. dealer service history, genuine mileage (HPI check)...

Advertisement