Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

holiday?

Options
  • 07-05-2008 11:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

im trying to buk a weekend away for me and my girlfriend for her 21st.I was thinking of paris because of all the sites + its got disney land.
    Any Ideas?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

my sisters bf brought her to paris for her 21st.. dont think he realised that shed gone before with her ex, heh.

youd know better what your gf would like than we would. ive been to paris, its nice enough but everything is very expensive! i wouldnt be rushing back.

What about a week in the sun? Or theres plenty of other cities.. prague? budapest? or edinburgh is lovely but maybe you want to go further.

like i said you would know what she likes. if you think shed like paris & disneyland then go for it!

wish my bf would take me on holiday somewhere. i have to pay for him.. damn students!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

I'm a guy OP so my opinion may be skewed. But to me Paris is a bit over-rated. Rome on the other hand is quite romantic. Although both times I've been there I've been single, typical!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

+1 for Rome

was there for the 2nd time last year, my boyfriend brought me and I felt it was quite romantic. I loved it even more than the first time!

Also, for our first christmas, my pressie was a surprise trip to Disneyland, he had organised that i could have time off work etc which made it even more special. It was somewhere I wanted to go. we stayed in Disney and only went into Paris once for a few hours for dinner but even at that, walking along the river bank at night was something special. we went up to the Eiffel Tower & as cheesy as it is to be a couple there, I loved the feeling. I felt like it was only us around there looking at it....well apart from the annoying sellers!!

I would definitely choose Rome over Paris though.

A friend of mine recommended London but it's very expensive. Another couple friend of mine headed to Madrid in October and loved it, second recommendation i'd gotten from a couple.

Can you bring me too?? I wanna go away!!!

And how lovely of you to bring her away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I'd choose Paris over Rome any day. I had a lovely weekend in Paris with Mr. HS and will def go back sometime soon.

We walked along the Seine and just took it easy. Had nice food, nice wine, a few drinks at night. Nothing hectic but I found it quite reasonable. It's not a place to go if you're into clubbing and loads of drinking but there is always great gigs and live music on

Check the internet for a cheap hotel. We stayed in the jewish quarter which was lovely for general walking around the streets and nice food.

Don't know about Eurodisney.

Paris gets very hot in the summer, as does all of Europe really except Ireland :( , so don't go in July and Aug

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

Only have good reports about Paris -
    i went 2 years ago with the girlfriend in september. weather was lovely. Loads of sites to see to keep you busy for a weekend. And we spent a day in disneyland - which was fantastic. The disneyland bit made it amazing. Plus seeing the other sites was great.
    Cannot recommend it enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Rome over Paris for me. Wasn't too impressed with France at all really whereas Rome was just beautiful. Spent a great week there and took in all the sites. Best thing was the food though. Fresh, properly made pizzas and fantastic pasta dishes. Yummy!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Paris! I love it, go every year and if I had to live outside ireland it would be there. It's just beautiful and no matter what you hear about the people, they are for the most part very nice. Choose where you stay carefully, this makes all the difference.

Rome on the other hand I found to be pretty smelly, outrageously overpriced (€19 for a coffee and a muffin!) and at times the people (especially men) very intimidating. I got my bum grabbed on the street and a waiter kept "accidently" brushing off my chest while serving me. We were coming out of a pub one night and we were grabbed by a group of men (about 6 of them) who were pissed and trying to get us to dance. I was there with another girl and am returning later this year with my boyfriend for a wedding, so it might be different when I'm with a man. But if I didn't have to I wouldn't go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Florence far more romantic than either Paris or Rome, plus cheaper. Pure romance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Dlite

I would bring her to Prague! It's a beautiful place and loads of fun to be had :) Brilliant clubs and pubs or you can sit in Old Town Square with a beer watching the people go by marvelling at the architecture!..... Loved this place :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Nuke Paris.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Prague ftw!

Myself and himself went in early February 2 years ago and there was snow! I was chuffed. It's a beautiful city and the old town is fab. Can't wait to go back.

Barcelona is another one I'd recommend. Loads to see and do and it's beautiful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I'm going to Budapest at the end of this month with the boyfriend. From all the weekend city breaks we looked in to this looked the best....plus I have two housemates from Budapest who are always raving on about it so maybe think of Budapest OP? So cheap too! We got 3 nights in a four star hotel in the city centre, flights and transport included for €280. Well we got lucky but still, some great deals out there. Check out lastminute.ie.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

how about venice- most romantic place ever. Preferred it to Paris. Expensive but worth it! I second florence too-beautiful city. You cant beat italy for romance.

Advertisement