Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Place to get Decking Planks

Options
  • 08-05-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Am considering putting a Deck into the back garden. Did this a few years ago in a mates house, and it turned out grand.

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a place to get the decking planks?

The only place online I can find a price quote is In-House (http://www.in-house.ie/). They list Spruce Decking Board 32*4200*144(mm) for €16. I recon I need 90 of these, so that's working out at €1440

Is this a good price or can I do better elsewhere?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Eyeballs

sounds a bit steep, get out the phone book and check out the builders suppliers in your area, DPL, or home value are usually ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 muse1984

Hey,

I work for a timber supply company, if you want to email me the dimensions of the deck I can quote for supply and delivery for you? Hopefully it'll work out cheap [EMAIL="enough....sean@strahan.ie"]enough....sean@strahan.ie[/EMAIL]

Cheers,

Sean

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Where are you based Sean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 muse1984

Rathcoole, County Dublin, we can possibly deliver if required

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭dancin

muse1984 wrote: »
    Hey,

I work for a timber supply company, if you want to email me the dimensions of the deck I can quote for supply and delivery for you? Hopefully it'll work out cheap [EMAIL="enough....sean@strahan.ie"]enough....sean@strahan.ie[/EMAIL]

Cheers,

Sean

Thanks. I sent you a PM with that we currently think we need (subject to change though, as wife re-designs the layout, again...)

• Advertisement
Advertisement