Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth having a car in the city?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 8:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭

I've only visited a few times and driving around the city seems fine but I never see anywhere to park. When I move I'll be living not too far from Queens and probably working in town. Everyone is telling me to sell my car as I'd get no use out of it living in Belfast. Do you think that's true? :(

I'm looking to live around Stranmillis or maybe Botanic.

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, botanic to city centre (city hall) is about 15-20 mins walk.
    There is parking but you'd save money by not having a car, taking the bus occasionally and hire cars if you travel around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

For your everyday routine you would not need one, but it depends on how much you value the luxury of having a car.

I do not need my car to get to and from work on a daily basis - I walk. However, I like having it there for when I head off to see the parents or if I fancy a spin at the weekend. Certainly wouldn't be a necessity though.

Advertisement