Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cosplay and Conventions

Options
  • 06-05-2008 3:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

moving back to Ireland can anyone give me info on manga conventions and cosplays in Ireland thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

http://eirtaku.com/

Eirtakon MK II 08 in November

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

They always kick ass because they are relatively small so you can say hi to everyone :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fripouille

Thanks for the info one and all:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Aye, in terms of conventions there are :-

EirtaKon
    Tomo-Dachi
    and Qcon - actually a gaming con but has been running anime screenings and events for years.

All of these cons hosts cosplay and DCU Anime & Manga Society are begining to set up regular Cosplay events.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

EirtaKon MKII was the second EirtaKon in 2007, this one is just called EirtaKon 2008. Due to there being no Con in February. :3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Yeah I was wondering if I had missed one ¬_¬;

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

They always kick ass because they are relatively small so you can say hi to everyone :D.
    Might not be quite as small this year as we're bringing over a high profile American voice actor (Vic Mignogna) and possibly a few other cool guests and traders so we'll be expecting some UK and continental attendance.

Hopefully within reason though; we're capping this years attendence at 600 just in case (was +400 last year).

But yeah, friendly people and everyone always seems to have a lot of fun ( even at the times where we let things fall apart :o ) :)

cool looking forward to it we went to the manga convention in London at the excel (its huge) in Oct.2007 they had the cast members from heros and some from star trek, plus of course loads of stands and anime quizz's etc. and lots of freebies eg. t.shirts from promo films..competitions etc..so hope Dublin is as good..:):)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

fripouille wrote: »
    cool looking forward to it we went to the manga convention in London at the excel (its huge) in Oct.2007 they had the cast members from heros and some from star trek, plus of course loads of stands and anime quizz's etc. and lots of freebies eg. t.shirts from promo films..competitions etc..so hope Dublin is as good..:):)
    Well, it's an anime con, not a sci-fi con, so no star-trek/heroes people etc :)

thats no problem , i was surprised to see scifi people at the one in london but hey it was good..as long as everyone is having fun and enjoying themselves that is the main thing ..:)

• Advertisement

CuLT wrote: »
    Might not be quite as small this year as we're bringing over a high profile American voice actor (Vic Mignogna) and possibly a few other cool guests and traders so we'll be expecting some UK and continental attendance.

Hopefully within reason though; we're capping this years attendence at 600 just in case (was +400 last year).

But yeah, friendly people and everyone always seems to have a lot of fun ( even at the times where we let things fall apart :o ) :)

I reserve my ticket now...:D
    I seem to remember a vip screening of AMV hell zero in a secret location last year....

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

I seem to remember a vip screening of AMV hell zero in a secret location last year....

AMV hell zero?...Last year the first 3 amv hells were shown in the main showing room ^^

carbonkid wrote: »
    AMV hell zero?...Last year the first 3 amv hells were shown in the main showing room ^^

Just because you did not hear about it it does not mean it did not happen :P

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Cy_Revenant

It was shown in the main screening room the first year.

But you didn't hear it from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Just because you did not hear about it it does not mean it did not happen :P

...but i was running all the showings in the main room on my laptop...i only played amv hell, amv hell 2 and amv the motion picture...:P

carbonkid wrote: »
    ...but i was running all the showings in the main room on my laptop...i only played amv hell, amv hell 2 and amv the motion picture...:P

Once again, vips only and the people who accidentally walked by... :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Jonniboy

Anyone know where I can get tickets for Eirtakon? :D

Advertisement