Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderstorms

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Kind of Paddy - there are a couple of weak cells that should merge soon, one out off Roscrea and another say Portumna area. http://sat24.com/frame.php?html=zoom&xas=172&yas=165 will give you a right good idea of whats going on!

Newport will not be clear for long, those will hit there within the hour. Some serious flash floods nr Roscrea as per Radio.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

ESB has some major faults in Munster at the moment. Adare village in Limerick included. Over 15 major faults in total at the moment.

Im guessing its the lightning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Some rumbles again, it is looking particularly bad now to the north, in and around the Galway/Roscommon border.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

So so here, few rumbles, seems to be in the distance in every direction oddly.

Bit of rain, complete cloud cover now.

Absolutely pouring with rain no more than half a mile away from here, can see shafts running across the fields!!! nothing more than the odd light drop here. Another shower looks to be building to my south. No thunder to report since.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Just after finishing the BBQ - still quite pleasant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Squall line developing over Clare

• Registered Users Posts: 16,851 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

We had louds cracks of thunder and frequent flash lightning in a very heavy downpour about 40 minutes ago.

Now it has just started to rain again.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭kerry1960

Very weird here atm , completely still , no wind , so dark the house lights are on , and there seems to be millions of flies about , heard some distant thunder to my SE around 5pm .

kerry1960 wrote: »
    Very weird here atm , completely still , no wind , so dark the house lights are on , .

I am not surprised, that shower in Clare is really looking nasty as Snowbie pointed out:

latest_radar.gif

possible chance of a pep up in Kerry as well.

Very dark here too, but Nacho is refusing to share with me that shower to the north. Typical, I gave him my Galway born showers yesterday, but I am not being reciprocated. I live and learn..:D:D

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement