Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building next door

Options
  • 08-05-2008 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭

hey i'n unsure of the correct forum for this, so Mods feel free to bump it to the appt. area!
    my next door neighbour recently moved and sold the bit of land besdie her house which in turn has been bought by a guy to build on.
    I've had no prob with the fact that it's taken him the guts of the year to really get started(leaving us to look at a scaffold every day) or that they turned the pavement into a health hazard by leaving bricks and equipment all over it.
    But now,on my one day off this week, they started hammering at 8am. Right outside my bedroom window.
    Is there anything can be done about this?Are they perfectly within their rights to begin noisy work so early?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Shouldn’t be leaving bricks on the pavement. What about blind people who might struggle with this?
    Ring up the council, they should sort this.

What are doing in bed at 8am ya lazy sod! :p
    I see it's your day off but they don't know this and you can't shut construction for a few hours to suit the neighbours.
    Ah no, I don’t have the exact times that construction work is allowed but someone will be along to post it, seems reasonable.

But I don’t think you can stop them working at 8am and tbh I wouldn’t call
    8am early.
    You could talk to them but there is no state agency or council that will block construction work at 8am.

As an example, they are building the Luas near me.
    At 7:59 the workers are standing around and at 08:01 they are flying around and loads of noise. That’s the agreement they have.

Sorry OP, I think you're being a bit unreasonable with the noise issue but defo report them if bricks are on the footpath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

yeah they got in **** for the bricks etc( there's tons of little kids on my rd, so obviously the parents complained)
    I think 8am is a bit on the early side, seeing as it's a housing estate. even if it was an hour later i wouldn't be complaining, i just think that they should be a bit more considerate of the neighbours that's all. Like i wouldn't mow the grass before 9am!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Moved from PI
    B

Advertisement