Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot air balloon rides???

Options
  • 08-05-2008 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭

Hi all, has anyone ever been in a hot air balloon in ireland? if so, where, how much and how long etc???

Am looking into a fun day out for my birthday and fancy a hot air balloon ride as ive never done it! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Occidental

Was in one years ago at a festival at Cranfield in England. Brilliant fun and the best view of the countryside I've ever had.

Only one I know of in Ireland is balloons.ie who I think are based in Trim, but I'm sure there's others dotted around the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭offaly1

don't they do hot air balloons rides around the time the festival thing in tullamore.... i know they used to, as the festival is based around the great fire of tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Did one a couple of years ago in the UK which was fab but did a better one over the Grand Canyon in Las Vegas and it was AMAZING!!!

balloons.ie and gifts.ie but they probably organise them through balloons.ie so it might be better going straight to the source!

What about flying a plane or a helicopter instead? Or a day's racing in Mondello?? I did a day driving a BMW M3 there and it was brilliant!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

What about flying a plane or a helicopter instead? Or a day's racing in Mondello?? I did a day driving a BMW M3 there and it was brilliant!

Now thats my idea of a day out. Was it expensive?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sabrina99

top gifts have a hot air balloon ride (1890772000- i think). you just have to be over 12!!! the launch site is in trim, co meath

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

Did one a couple of years ago in the UK which was fab but did a better one over the Grand Canyon in Las Vegas and it was AMAZING!!!

balloons.ie and gifts.ie but they probably organise them through balloons.ie so it might be better going straight to the source!

sounds brill. how far in advance did you book that? and how did you drive m3??? did you request that or did someone lend it to ye???!!

cool, yeh it seems its the same company doing all of those! lol. balloons.ie the greatdaysout website is brill! i wanna do them all! but heck its expensive!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Curvy Vixen

Booked them directly through the various companies Rubes, so www.mondello.ie was for the driving and it's their own cars. I was originally booked in for a mini which I poo-pooed when I saw the M3 :D:D The guys in the mini's were having fun but not as much fun as me :p

Weston areodrome is where they do the flying stuff and it's fab. Really good value too ~ and you can choose whether to do half hour or an hour or whatever.

cheers curvy im gonna go check that out now. :D
    it sounds like heaps of fun!

Advertisement