Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dun Laoighre,

Options
  • 08-05-2008 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭

Its always going around and rearing its ugly head - ban on fishing in Dun Laoighre, Killiney etc. Never paid heed to it before but my Girlfriend (who bans fishing talk on thursdays and sundays) lives locally said it was being enforced because of the work on the east pier. So yesterday I walked all the way to the end on the sea side of the pier. Three lads fishing away.Then one fellah at the end.I hadnt seen anyone on the inside earlier. At the end there when two Harbour police came over the wall to us "Are yis fishing there lads?" must have been detective Harbour police ;). Well they were only having the chats so I asked them bout the ban and they said there was none on either side of east or west pier. So I guess thats the end of that. There was a good few lads on the inside on my way back but with the construction work there is very little room for walkers and fishermen and it was packed yesterday.

Also is there anyway to avoid snags on the sea side of the east pier I had a nightmare yesterday.

Advertisement