Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What's Joe Daly's like for servicing bikes?

• 08-05-2008 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭

I've heard good things about their sales but never heard much about servicing.

Just want a general service for the bike and a few things checked out, i.e.
    slight clicking from gears - I can't seem to get the indexing perfect (I could live with this and even spend more time on it myself)
    Creaking from BB or cranks, so I just want everything there greased and tightened.

I was going to bring it to Cyclesuperstore but Joe Daly's is right beside me at work.

Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

i had my gears adjusted there a while back and it was fine, cheaper than other shops.
    The Bike service from Cyclesuperstore looks good:
    CycleSuperstore Service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,995 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I get my bikes serviced there (and a new one built up) and am very happy with the service and prices.

If Joe Daly's is right beside you it's a no-brainer, bring it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

They're very good. I always go there 1st.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Just about to cycle back to Dundrum from work now myself to go in and see what the story is with a bike I left in for a service. Joe Daly's son, David I think is it ? is the one who does the servicing, he's a nice guy seems decent.

Only other time I dropped the bike in it was grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 I_Love_Tomatoes

joe daly's are very top class actually - very good servicing and reasonable pricing. i've had a few wheels fixed there and a few other bits and pieces done

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Very busy at the moment for repairs. It's the sunny weather.

Just in there 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Maybe you can fix your own bike thanks to: ( I got that on the Cyclesuperstore newsletter )

Bike Maintenance Courses
    Interested in learning the basics about bike repairs?
    Contact Justin at
    [EMAIL="web2@cyclesuperstore.ie?subject=Bike+Maintenance+Courses"]web2@cyclesuperstore.ie[/EMAIL] about our upcoming courses.

( I still like Joe Daly's Cycle shop better )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

joe dalys, great,go there all the time<dave tansey does the mechanicals,recommended

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

Planet X wrote: »
    Very busy at the moment for repairs. It's the sunny weather.

Just in there 10 minutes ago.

Crap. Looks like I'll be buying the bits off them and botching it myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Thanks for the replies folks.

Seems neither of them can do a 2 day turn around for a spin on Saturday so I'll drop it in after that.

I do a lot of maintenance myself but I still like to drop the bike into a good professional at least once a year just to give me peace of mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Just a further query to this. Would people recommend Joes for wheel adjustments. Got my new road bike last week (a BH, great bike) and the wheels are bedding in and need slight tweaking. I live in Donnybrook so they would be handy.

Cheers guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Niallface

bought four bikes from daly's, and they helped me with parts for a fixie build. amazing service and yes their wheel truing is good. had four wheels done bout a month ago.
    the main difference is that daly's is a family run business and so the costumer is extremely important so you know your getting looked after not to mention very skilled workmanship. probably the best bike shop in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

This them? I can't find a website :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭TinyExplosions

It is indeed them. They don't have a website at all (rare these days), but you really can't miss them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mscl

Had a puncture on the way to work on Monday and dropped my bike into Joe Daly as i had forgotten my tools......Sorted the bike out a treat, great service. I also dropped my front light on route (needed replacing anyway) and Joe Dalys allowed me to take one from the shop and as had no money, pay for it the next day on the way to work. Now this is the way to treat customers and would highly recommend them to anybody. I will certainly be going there again....Thanks Joe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

What brands do they carry and do they have a good number of bicycles on display?

(what company doesn't have a website these days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Trek and Felt, not sure what else. Decent stock of bikes, but I haven't been in there in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

(what company doesn't have a website these days)

A good old fashioned ,small, family run bike-shop apparently.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

They are around a long time now so must have built up a good reputation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭hinault

Great shop.

Even since moving from Dublin to live in Tipperary, I still bring my bike to JD's for repair/service.
    That's how good they are.

The only slight criticism I have is regarding the rnage of bikes that Dave sells.
    He doesn't sell my favourite brand (Bianchi).

• Advertisement
Advertisement