Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P.E in your school...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

Randomness wrote: »
    Really? I completely disagree. I think it's absolutely necessary that people do P.E in school. In fact the Irish system is a joke.

It's important that your weekly school timetable is about more than just the subjects your going to be examined about in June. There's more to life.

Plus as un-coordinated as one might be it's actually pretty fun and is a great break from sitting in a classroom.

Well I definitely see where you're coming from especially towards those who are obsessed with studying and forego all possibilities of life for 5th and 6th year so they can eat books. But to say it's one of the most important is a bit excessive don't you think? Surely there are better possibilities in life to lighten up your mood and ease stress than a 40 minute supervised game of footie.

Personally I don't think study is particularly necessary if you pay attention in class and do your homework (and have a working brain:o).

My way to ease stress (although I'll admit there isn't much there) is a proper kick about on the astro with some mates followed by a few jars in the local.

I know Ive gotten a wee bit off topic but my point is that I se PE in senior cycle as a sorry attempt to provide a non academic activity that we can all do ourselves. All you need from school coming up to the leaving is class revision! (IMO:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

BJC wrote: »
    Oh, and thats absolutley ridiculous :D
    No it's not :confused:

There is an obesity epidemic upon us and half the children in the country are over weight!

PE is vital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Once a week in my school for 5th and 6h years, but no one does it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .[Darren]

In my school you have to do it but, you get a choice on what you want to do which is great, but abit of study would do no harm :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

K4t wrote: »
    No it's not :confused:

There is an obesity epidemic upon us and half the children in the country are over weight!

PE is vital.

Yeah you're totally right, an our of school PE a week will solve our obesity "epidemic" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭i-cheat

we have a choice between study and p.e in our skool....most of us who do pe "forget" our gear every week and just doss around for 2 classes!!
    pe is shocking anyway i wouldnt even call it exercise

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

titan18 wrote: »
    We have no PE,no study class and yet have 3 classes devoted to religion in a week
    same here

Advertisement