Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

laptop accessories Aldi

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

patmac wrote: »
    Thinking about getting one of these as I need a new mouse anyway the number keyboard and light could come in handy.
    http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/58_5776.htm

Thats a class bit of kit... really handy for travelling..

Bring convenience to your life with this handy, portable, notebook accessory kit supplied in a handy carry bag.

Kit includes:

External numeric USB retractable keypad
    Retractable USB mini optical mouse
    USB 2.0 Hub with 4 ports
    Notebook light
    Earpiece with microphone
    Retractable RJ45 network cable
    USB retractable cable USB 2.0
    USB 5 pin adaptor
    USB adaptor

laptop_acc_Wk1940.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

The accessories are well worth it but the 4gb key for 29.99 is about standard price if not a bit dearer than most computer shops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Got a 4Gb stick from with the free postage for €11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It's a two pack of usb sticks for 29.99, which means 15 squid apiece. Not that bad, but they're probably gone by now. Unless there's loads of stock, the good stuff tends to disappear early when people call in on the way to work.

Just texted my mam to call in later if she gets a chance but I'm not hopeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Never mind the USB sticks... Ronny Mitchells joke in his sig is what u should be talking about... :-)

The Aldi near me(ashbourne) always has loads of gear left... They still have the 40" LCDs from a while back n 1 r 2 of those PCs...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭BJC

unklerosco wrote: »
    Never mind the USB sticks... Ronny Mitchells joke in his sig is what u should be talking about... :-)

The Aldi near me(ashbourne) always has loads of gear left... They still have the 40" LCDs from a while back n 1 r 2 of those PCs...

How much are those LCD's?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Can't remember... Do a search here. There was a thread about them when they came out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

The 250GB external drive for 100 yoyos seems like very bad value when you can get a 500GB for 86 yoyos plus shipping.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333054
    Or am I missing the point (as usual :p)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

The 250GB external drive for 100 yoyos seems like very bad value when you can get a 500GB for 86 yoyos plus shipping.
    http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=333054
    Or am I missing the point (as usual :p)?

Yeh you are missing the point,

The drive you linked is a 3.5" one that needs to be powered by a plug socket.

This one is a 2.5" drive, powered simply through the USB cable and doesnt need a power supply seperate,

Its also smaller and more portable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭briman1983

The 250gb drive is a 2.5" drive which does not require a seperate power supply and is bus powered where as the 500gb drive is a 3.5" drive traditionally found in desktop computers which will require to be plugged in.

Basically big vs small

Brian

• Advertisement
Advertisement