Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connect iPod Touch to Eircom Wifi

Options
  • 08-05-2008 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hello.
    I have recently bought an iPod touch and it picks up my eircom WiFi and asks for a password. I enter my WEP information but this does not seem to be the correct information. Where do I find my password for my eircom WiFi. Is there somewhere I can find it myself or will I need to ring (The nightmare that is) Eircom Support.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭mgsrocks

CyaL8r wrote: »
    Hello.
    I have recently bought an iPod touch and it picks up my eircom WiFi and asks for a password. I enter my WEP information but this does not seem to be the correct information. Where do I find my password for my eircom WiFi. Is there somewhere I can find it myself or will I need to ring (The nightmare that is) Eircom Support.
    Thanks

In internet explorer go to your router homepage. 192.168.1.254

Click wireless on the left and it should be there

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

To make things easier and more secure go to your router settings as per the address above - change the security type to wpa (more secure) choose your own password and save your settings. Now the itouch should see your network and just enter your newly chosen password.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭CyaL8r

Thanks for the responses. Thank funk I don't have to deal with Eircom tech support!!! I will try those solutions.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Might i recomend you rename Your Network, So rather then "Eircom1234 5678" you name it "whatever"

this should stop People cracking your Wep key with software as easyily

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭SamandFrank

Try turning down your firewall I had to do that for my xbox 360. Might help i dunno

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭*Simone*

mgsrocks wrote: »
    In internet explorer go to your router homepage. 192.168.1.254

Click wireless on the left and it should be there

I know this is a really old thread but I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH! I was beginning to go slightly insane trying to figure out why I couldnt connect to my home wifi but could connect to unsecure networks no problem. It turns out I was entering in an incorrect password, BUT it was still telling me that I was connected to my network so I presumed the password was correct. But then after finding this thread and the quote above I saw that I actually had the password wrong, entered it in correctly n now Im connecting no problem! Thanks a million for the great advice :)

Advertisement