Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reids furniture

Options
  • 08-05-2008 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I am so angry with Reids. 10 months waiting for couch- when it arrives it's in the wrong colour. a week later it's broken. I'm been passed from pillar to post- Uk customer service, Belfast, back to store, store back to customer service..

Has anyone else had a bad experience? what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

I am so angry with Reids. 10 months waiting for couch- when it arrives it's in the wrong colour. a week later it's broken. I'm been passed from pillar to post- Uk customer service, Belfast, back to store, store back to customer service..

Yep, had exactly the same problem with them. Their Ireland and UK management teams appear to be training to give you the run around in the hope that you will eventually give up. I spend a very frustrating 9 months of letters and phone calls and got no satisfaction.

I then brought a case against them in the small claims court and they settled instantly before the case ever got heard. My advice would be to do similar. It only costs 9 euro.

https://smallclaims.courts.ie/esmallclaims/claim/Main?page=home&Language=English

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Don't wait forever to get his sorted. Write a letter to them with recorded postage. Give them maybe 7 days to respond. If the response is not satisfactory then bring them to the small claims court.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Under sale of goods act - it is the shop you purchased it from and the manager of that shop that must sort out your problems. It is not for the consumer to have to ring head office etc etc, that is what the shop manager should do.

I think everybody who has a problem with these type of retailers should write to the store where it was purchased, (send by registered post) give 7 - 14 days for the store to rectify the situation and failing that put an immediate claim into the small claims court.

I'd guess 6 weeks max to sort it out.

Then buy from a store that gives decent service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 granty-baby

I ordered a 2 and 3 seater from Reids 104 days ago. I was told at time of purchase that the delivery time would be 8-10 week. I called the store on the Naas road were I ordered it and I was told the factory in Italy are now on Holiday so it will take an extra 3-6 weeks.

Really this company is a complete joke.

I would recommend people to think twice before handing over your hard earned money.

Granty-baby
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I ordered a 2 and 3 seater from Reids 104 days ago. I was told at time of purchase that the delivery time would be 8-10 week. I called the store on the Naas road were I ordered it and I was told the factory in Italy are now on Holiday so it will take an extra 3-6 weeks.

Really this company is a complete joke.

I would recommend people to think twice before handing over your hard earned money.

Granty-baby
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Just got a call back from Reids, They hope to have a delivery date for me next week.

But in the same breath I was told it can take sometimes up to 3 months and is in the terms and conditions that Reids have.

I live in hope.

Granty-baby:(:(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭mark2000ie

I purchased an Italian 2+3 leather suite from Reids 2-3 years ago. over the last while the leather has started to peel off the 3 seater. I am going to go back to the shop where I purchased it from, can anyone tell me what Iam entitled too or what to expect there reaction to be before I go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bokkie23

Hi,

I feel your pain. We waited 2 months for the perfect couch for us. And when it arrived last week, it was 12cm wider than what we ordered. I even checked the original measurements the shop assistant had given me, and this couch is much bigger.

Spent days trying to get through to customer service (the ROI number on their website is disconnected).

They are sending out a 'technician' to inspect the couch. And they can't come until next Wednesday. Two weeks after the couch was dumped in my living room. I am living with a couch in two seperate peices in the middle of my living room floor cause it won't fit in the alcove. Plus, I get the usual "we can't give you a time that the technician will call... Could be any time on Wednesday". Do they think people can just sit around all day waiting for this? I can't possibly take any more time off work...

So I told them that I will use the couch, and if it gets wear and tear marks, it's their problem that they left it with me for 2 weeks...

The thoughts of looking for another couch now and waiting another 2 months for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭jabaroon

Yeah, we had that 'technician' call aswell. He will simply say everything is fine and reid have nothing to answer for.

Do you have the measurements from the shop actually written down on a receipt or anything semi official? If not you could be in a bit of trouble. Reid's policy (in my experience and those that I have heard of) is to deny / refuse to do anything until you go the court route. Going to court (small claims) without something written down from the sales assistant is probably going to be quite a weak case.

Hope you get sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 bokkie23

Thanks Jabaroon,

Yeah we have the original piece of paper that the sales lady printed off with the spec on it where it clearly states the measurements of the couch. We had wanted her to get a tape out but she couldn't find one so printed us off the spec instead.

She was even so kind as to write her name and the shop number on the paper :D

The worst thing is that we had searched for 2 months to find a couch that suited our house perfectly, and this was the only one we saw. We LOVE it !!! I don't relish the thoughts of searching for another one and waiting another 2 months :( I tell you, the next one won't be from Reids.

You know what the crazy thing is? Reids allow you to order online. And give the measurements online. And our couch, on their website, is advertised as 206cm wide... We ordered it as 227cm wide (as per spec). But it is actually 239cm wide. Feel sorry fo anyone who orders online. They're even more screwed than we are !!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

mcaul wrote: »
    Under sale of goods act - it is the shop you purchased it from and the manager of that shop that must sort out your problems. It is not for the consumer to have to ring head office etc etc, that is what the shop manager should do.

I think everybody who has a problem with these type of retailers should write to the store where it was purchased, (send by registered post) give 7 - 14 days for the store to rectify the situation and failing that put an immediate claim into the small claims court.

I'd guess 6 weeks max to sort it out.

Then buy from a store that gives decent service.

Exactly what version of the sale of goods and supply of services act are you reading?

While it is upto the retailer to sort out the problem, it does not say that it is upto the branch manager to sort out, the head-office is part of the retailer and there is no reason why you shouldn't have to contact them to sort out the problem, they are likely to have more authority to sort out these kind of problems than the local branch manager

Legal documents can only be served at the head office of a chain, the address is normally on a plaque by the main door or on the back of your reciept, if not a quick search of the companies office site will give you the registered office.

Just got a call back from Reids, They hope to have a delivery date for me next week.

But in the same breath I was told it can take sometimes up to 3 months and is in the terms and conditions that Reids have.

I live in hope.

Granty-baby:(:(:(:(

:mad::mad:

Just an update, well reids looks like they just don't get the hole customer service idea. I make a point now to ring the store once a week looking for my order and I just keep getting it will be in 2-3 weeks. Man it’s been over 120 day now. When I ask for the manager I am told that he can't com to the phone.

Really if you are thinking of getting a sofa do not go to Reids as they will give you the complete run around.

I am calling in to the shop after work to ask for my money back I will let you know how things go.

:mad::mad:

Granty-Baby

Advertisement