Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tis the season!

• 08-05-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭

Seems everyones at it, so sure, what the hell :pac:

New bike :D My first big bike (coming from a cbr125r), and its an absolute joy in every way. In some ways its even easier to ride then the 125 - no more skinny wheels dancing on raised painted lines etc. Handles brilliantly, feels like totally neutral steering going through turns, and that engine... pulls like a train, the acceleration is like nothing Ive ever experienced :eek:

SM5.jpg

SM6.jpg

Had it 3 days, and over 350km already, so needless to say I love it - hope to see you all on the road ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,541 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Congrats and well wear.. Looks like a lot of fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

She's a beauty Wossack! Enjoy her to the full and keep it on the black stuff! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Someone's got to ask the stupid question - what is it? :D

Looks very nice btw, well wear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Speed Triple, no?

Very nice, did you get it in the UK? Just brought a bike over myself, seriously good value over there

lukester wrote: »
    Speed Triple, no?

That's what I'm thinking!

• Advertisement

By the way guys, where's the best place to start looking for bikes in the UK/NI? I'm seriously thinking of getting an R6 or CBR600RR or a GSX-R 600 but don't know where to look! Thank you in advance and sorry for thread hacking! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭gabgab

Did I see this yesterday on South Lotts Rd, near shelbourne dog track yesterday evening........ If so I was staring at it with the boss, saying the following.........

"that is class, gotta get me one of those........"
    Boss: Its green.......
    "shut up you........:D"

By the way guys, where's the best place to start looking for bikes in the UK/NI? I'm seriously thinking of getting an R6 or CBR600RR or a GSX-R 600 but don't know where to look! Thank you in advance and sorry for thread hacking! :o
    Autotrader.co.uk

Autotrader.co.uk
    Thanks a million!
    [/Thread Hack]

Thanks a million!
    [/Thread Hack]
    Continuing the hijack for a moment.. :)

For what it's worth, I found prices in England cheaper than NI. Also, dealerships in certain parts of the country were cheaper than others. There's tons of choice and you'll be able to cherry pick clean, low miles bikes with service histories. I opted to only look at bikes from dealers as it gave me some backup and peace of mind.

When using Autotrader, if you enter a Holyhead postcode (eg LL65 1HU), it gives you the distance you'll have to travel back too.

Enjoy, it's a lot of fun shopping for a new toy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,034 ✭✭✭Wossack

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Someone's got to ask the stupid question - what is it? :D

Looks very nice btw, well wear.

Close with the Speed Triple guesses guys, but she has no single sided swinger ;)

08 Street Triple 675 - bought her up north, as theres a huge waiting list for em (8 months in the UK afaik :eek:), and where I got it from had a special order in. Saved a fair bundle too, what with the exchange rate as it is atm! :p

Not sure that was me gabgab - though could have been! Been floating about the city, and somehow racked up 400km in the last 3 days :eek: Was it with a couple of Ducati's (749 + 695 monster) ? If so, twas me :cool:

lukester wrote: »
    When using Autotrader, if you enter a Holyhead postcode (eg LL65 1HU), it gives you the distance you'll have to travel back too.

Good tip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

For used bikes on private sale you can't beat eBay. Bought two solid bikes in the north of England this way. You don't get user feedback on Autotrader or any classifieds in the way you do with eBay. If the seller has been honest selling dinky toys for years he'll likely be just as honest selling his car/bike/motorboat....

Wider choice with private sale and remember on a used bike the dealer warranty is not much use in Ireland as you'd have to get the bike back over the water for works. New bikes are different in this regard of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

Try the MCN website if you want to buy private

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/

and like Autotrader it too has a post code box so as to determine the distance from Holyhead.

By the way... Nice machine Wossack

Thank you all for your sound advice!

I've found some really interesting deals in the UK on GSX-R 1000s! The GF will relieve me of my testicles if I get one straight away though... Have a lot of sweet talk to do in the coming months!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

I always find its easier to just go ahead and do it and then apologise later. ;)

try and get something the same colour - and hopefully she wont notice :D

I always find its easier to just go ahead and do it and then apologise later. ;)
    Yeah but the whole "flying over to England with my lid as luggage" might be a bit hard to explain... I think she'll get suspicious! Unless I time it perfectly and get it over and done with in one day...

Hmmm... Might do that alright! :D

I've found some really interesting deals in the UK on GSX-R 1000s! The GF will relieve me of my testicles if I get one straight away though... Have a lot of sweet talk to do in the coming months!

Hehe..females (to generalise wildly, apologies ladies) love a bargain, even if it's not a bargain they directly benefit from. I found dropping subtle hints into conversation helped, along the lines of "There are some amazing deals on bikes in the UK, especially with the exchange rate, serious bargains to be had". I think I was even sneaky enough to initially suggest a trip to IKEA up north to take advantage of the low value of sterling. Actually, that's still on the cards 'cos I want some new leathers from Hein Gericke :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Yeah but the whole "flying over to England with my lid as luggage" might be a bit hard to explain... I think she'll get suspicious! Unless I time it perfectly and get it over and done with in one day...

Hmmm... Might do that alright! :D
    I've gotten it done in one day twice before. It's actually quite easy if you limit your search to bikes in Liverpool/Manchester/Sheffield and points in between. Fly into Manchester on either the EI or FR 0630 flights and you take train from Manchester Airport to most destinations in the north of England and arrive by 0900. Do your deal by say 1100 and hit the road by 1200 and you'll be in Holyhead by 1500 easy. Catch ferry home and have your tea in Dublin. I've personally gone as far as Sheffield this way and had plenty of time in Holyhead and that day it bucketed rain all the way over the Pennines where there's no motorway! Anyway, it's easily done in a single day.

• Advertisement

murphaph wrote: »
    It's actually quite easy if you limit your search to bikes in Liverpool/Manchester/Sheffield and points in between....Do your deal by say 1100 and hit the road by 1200 and you'll be in Holyhead by 1500 easy. Catch ferry home and have your tea in Dublin. I've personally gone as far as Sheffield this way and had plenty of time in Holyhead and that day it bucketed rain all the way over the Pennines where there's no motorway! Anyway, it's easily done in a single day.

I wouldn't restrict myself too much on location- as long as you're happy riding your new bike back on a long spin...not exactly a hardship. I'd let the right bike dictate the location-most places in the UK are easy enough to get cheap flights to anyway.

Depending on where you buy, you can also take the long way back via Snowdonia in Wales, some of the best biking roads in the UK. Bala to Trawsfynydd is a classic :D

Hours of fun planning on Google Maps too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Got my S4r on Ebay last year. In 5 days I rode clean across England and around Ireland. Racked up over 1400miles :D If you like your new bike distance will not be an issue. There is also a late over night ferry that leaves Liver pool. Takes something like 7 hours and you get a sleep. So its nice and refreshed the next morning. Unless like me you stayed up all night wanting to be on your newish shiny bike :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,856 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Sweet looking bike OP. Triumphs rock :D

In Cavan there was a great fire / Judge McCarthy was sent to inquire / It would be a shame / If the nuns were to blame / So it had to be caused by a wire.

Advertisement