Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackie Skelly Swords - Offensive Sign

Options
  • 08-05-2008 12:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi there,
    Just wondering if anyone else in JS Swords saw an offensive sign regarding a person's weight in the gym in the past number of weeks,
    Please let me know as I am trying to follow this up,
    Thank-you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭meditraitor

can you be more specific... offensive to one person might not be to another.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 may1

I don't think I can type the exact words although I would like to....... after I complained they denied having such a sign up in the first instance - it had a simpsons catoon and said something along the lines of fat friend skinny

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Not much chance of doing anything about it now since the place was burned down :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

may1 wrote: »
    I don't think I can type the exact words although I would like to....... after I complained they denied having such a sign up in the first instance - it had a simpsons catoon and said something along the lines of fat friend skinny

sorry - what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Hi,

I vaguely remember seeing something like that. Was it to do with trying to get you to get your friends to join (again!)?

Pinky

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

If you don't have pics of it then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Sizzler wrote: »
    Not much chance of doing anything about it now since the place was burned down :confused:

It wasnt burnt down, there was a fire But the damage is mostly downstairs.. Afaik the gym is open etc., no pool or showers though.

Is this something that was put up by the management?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭PCros

Just sounds like you're rambling.....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Abigayle wrote: »
    It wasnt burnt down, there was a fire But the damage is mostly downstairs.. Afaik the gym is open etc., no pool or showers though.

So are they compensating members :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 may1

Hi Pinky,
    Yes it was trying to get you to join a friend and be in with a chance to win a holiday to Mauritius..... It was in very bad taste I felt and could be very hurtful if you were over weight...
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Globogym comes to Swords.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hi Pinky,
    Yes it was trying to get you to join a friend and be in with a chance to win a holiday to Mauritius..... It was in very bad taste I felt and could be very hurtful if you were over weight...
    Thanks.

A few questions:

What did it actually say? You're not being very clear here.
    What did you find so offensive?
    Was the sign put up by the management of the gym?
    Is the sign still up?
    If not, what is your issue?

If people complained and it was taken down, chances are the management have accepted that it was a bad decision.

What do you want to happen when you "follow it up"?

Advertisement