Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HAUS/Project Office - Templebar, Dublin. Nightkmare!

Options
  • 08-05-2008 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭

I ordered goods (USM shelving - http://www.usm.com/produkte/index.php?lang=en&country=international) in mid-December last (2007) and have not yet received them.

Project Office have ignored all emails since February and all phone calls are taken by a receptionist but not returned by anyone who can tell me the situation.

I contacted the manufacturer directly in Switzerland and was told that the goods have been ready for collection since early March.

We are now in week 23, by my calculation, and no sign of anything.

By the way, the order is for USM shelving. It is NOT manufactured, it is assembled to a specification. So, the pieces can be used in another specification quite easily. Think glorified Meccano! ;-) Therefore, the T&C about goods being .."made to order..." doesn't really apply.

This has been my worst retail experience ever and, since USM shelving doesn't come cheap, it's an expensive one.

Given their total radio silence and the fact that we are now way beyond the 10 weeks indicated, and the fact that the goods are ready to be shipped from the USM factory (and have been for some considerable time) do I have any right to ask for my deposit back?

Another thing.......HAUS in Templebar is closing in mid-May and "..reopening.." in a "..new premises.." (no indication is given in the mailer they sent out of where the new premises is) in September. Why would you close for four months and lose all that summer business? Very fishy. If you've ordered anything from HAUS I suggest you get in there fast.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Here are the T&Cs:

All prices quoted are subject to Vat @ 21%

Quotation is valid for 28 days from date of issue

Prices quoted are based on single order for all items.

any change to quantity or specification will require a new quotation.

All orders must be signed off by the client in order to proceed

Orders will only be accepted in writing. The delivery lead time commences

from the date of client order

Changes to orders will be accepted for a period of 5 days from date

of order.

As all goods are manufactured to order, cancellations will be charged in full

The standard delivery lead time from receipt of order is 8-10 weeks

We will do everything possible to ensure that the goods are delivered

within the stated lead-time. However, if a delay occurs, Project Office Ohagan

Ltd cannot be held responsible for delays which are beyond its control.

Payment terms: 35% deposit to secure the order payable on receipt of signed order confirmation.
    Final payment due prior to delivery

Option for 30 day credit account available subject to credit approval.

Cost for credit check is €110.00 payable in advance.

All goods remain the property of Project Office Ohagan Ltd until

all outstanding monies as stated by the company have been paid in full.

Prices quoted are exclusive of delivery and assembly.

Delivery & assembly takes place between 0830 - 1630 hours

Monday to Friday. Deliveries outside of these hours are subject to an overtime premium.
    Delivery & Installation is charged at 5% of the gross invoice amount. For invoices with a pre VAT
    figure less than €1,000.00 a minimal charge of €50.00 applies.

Prices quoted are Ex. Factory

Goods will be stored free of charge for a period of ten working days if unable to deliver for date
    specified. Storage charges per pallet are applicable after this period.

Part shipments of goods ordered under the same order confirmation are not possible.
    If part shipments of goods are required, please state this at time of ordering.

Interest will accrue at the prevailing bank rate on overdue accounts.

Please indicate the relevant person responsible for Account Payable and a contact number.
    Any purchase to be invoiced to leasing companies should be notified at time of order, with
    the relevent details of leasing company, address and contact person.

Order includes for manufacture, protection while delivering/ installing to the require locations
    Order includes for the removal and safe disposing of all packaging and waste generated from the

delivery & installation of the goods.

Advertisement