Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bank statements?

• 08-05-2008 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

If your asked for proof of finances when entering a country or applying for a visa do you just show them a bank statement? Also if it has it to be up to date is a print off using internet banking acceptable?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I've got a lot of different responses to this when I've asked the travel company, embassy and the lady I got my Australia visa off. It's supposed to be a recent statement, but when I said I would be travelling for a while someone else said a print off would be ok. Someone else said if the immigration officer had a problem I could bring them over to the ATM and show I have money, which is the stupidest answer I've ever heard. Especially seeing as most people can't check their balance abroad. If it's the Aus one I've never heard of someone being caught for it, but I think and internet print out would be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

I was never asked when I was going to Canada but i'd say a recent bank statement from within the previous 1-2 weeks would do the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

well im going to indonesia but il be away for about a month before i enter the country so i cant really have a recent one when i enter. im sure it wont be a big issue just thought id check it out though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Does it not say on your Visa application, or on the conditions of your Visa.

Normally a recent one means "One to two months". However I have gone and know a lot of people who have gone to two places (Canada and Oz) and nobody was ever checked.

You have a couple options

a) get statements before you travel
    b) Have statements sent to you while travelling (not a good idea if you a moving around alot)
    c) Use option a) and have internet banking set up. If any immigration officers have a problem tell them you can show them a more recent statement online if they give you access to a PC.

All in all dont worry about it too much, there main concern is that you wont be looking to work if you dont have a visa entitling you to work, or if you have such a visa that you can support yourself for a couple of weeks and wont be sleeping on the pavement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

http://www.bebo.com/BlogView.jsp?MemberId=4978481857&BlogId=6624640740
    That is the blog of Mr. Jay One on bebo (A USIT page) with all the info you need for entry into America. Seemingly the the only two forms of proof of funds that is gauranteed to get you in is Cash or Travellers Cheques

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Kid Nothing

cooperguy wrote: »
    http://www.bebo.com/BlogView.jsp?MemberId=4978481857&BlogId=6624640740
    That is the blog of Mr. Jay One on bebo (A USIT page) with all the info you need for entry into America. Seemingly the the only two forms of proof of funds that is gauranteed to get you in is Cash or Travellers Cheques

Em he's going to Indonesia not America!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

Does it not say on your Visa application, or on the conditions of your Visa.

Normally a recent one means "One to two months". However I have gone and know a lot of people who have gone to two places (Canada and Oz) and nobody was ever checked.

You have a couple options

a) get statements before you travel
    b) Have statements sent to you while travelling (not a good idea if you a moving around alot)
    c) Use option a) and have internet banking set up. If any immigration officers have a problem tell them you can show them a more recent statement online if they give you access to a PC.

All in all dont worry about it too much, there main concern is that you wont be looking to work if you dont have a visa entitling you to work, or if you have such a visa that you can support yourself for a couple of weeks and wont be sleeping on the pavement.

it says you need a bank statement thats less than a month old but thats for the embassy in london, im more than likely getting it done in thailand but il be away for over a month before i leave for indonesia so the bank statement will be over a month old at that stage. im sure it will be grand though, just thought id check it out, il bring a statement with me and i have internet banking so i guess thats all i can really do.
    cheers for the advice anyway.

Advertisement