Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 Multiplayer Invites Issue on GTA4

• 08-05-2008 2:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭

Yoyo all,

I doubt I'm alone in this, but I can't seem to be able to accept invites from friends in GTA4 multiplayer. I have seen threads where people mention having similar difficulty, but I can't seeem to find one where there is any resolution mentioned.

I don't use a router, 360 is plugged straight into a cable modem, COD4 MP works perfectly, so my setup shouldn't be the issue here.

Has anyone found a way around these connection issues? Is there a wierd and wonderful sequence that can be followed to be able to accept invites and actually go into a game?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I had the same problem last night! It really annoyed me cause i was looking forward to playing with some of the guys on here.

Maybe its something to do with NAT settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

I don't think the NAT settings are causing the issue for me.

Like I mentioned, COD4 works perfectly and as I'm not using a router, I don't need to setup the Port Forwarding.

....OR.....

I being a complete Putz here in relation to NAT settings and talking through me ring. The cable modem I'm using is an Arris CM550. Do I need to change somehting on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

is there any way to play the multiplayer that requires only 4players with friends?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's probably just more to do with the numbers of people currently trying to connect globally than anything specific to your own setup, especially as your able to run other games multiplayer perfectly fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

robinph wrote: »
    It's probably just more to do with the numbers of people currently trying to connect globally than anything specific to your own setup, especially as your able to run other games multiplayer perfectly fine.

Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same myself. Haven't seen much word from either Rock*/MS regarding the issue.
    Rock* are prob more caught up on the PS3 meltdown issues.

Still a complete stones not to be able to play MP with your friends.

Give it another week when everyone has the Single player complete and start to concentrate on the MP. Then, you'll see the floods of complaints come in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

See my thread yesterday :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

I don't think the NAT settings are causing the issue for me.

Like I mentioned, COD4 works perfectly and as I'm not using a router, I don't need to setup the Port Forwarding.

....OR.....

I being a complete Putz here in relation to NAT settings and talking through me ring. The cable modem I'm using is an Arris CM550. Do I need to change somehting on this?

You can check the NAT status on the dashboard, go to 'Test Xbox Live connection'. The result of the NAT test should be 'Open'.

I would agree that its probably down to the number of people online but its probably no harm to check ur NAT settings anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

There are always loads of people online in it though, most of my friends list consists of GTA players. and im sure everyone elses is the same.. Im Constantly getting kicked out of games because ive lost connection to host etc.

I Heard a patch is out for that on the ps3? is it true?

Advertisement