Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling and Contraceptive Pill

Options
  • 08-05-2008 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭

hey all!
    I have a little dilemma and I was wondering if anyone could help me with it!
    I am about to move to North America for a year and I am on Yasmin. I have just recieved a 6 month prescription from the college doctor. They cannot give me a 12 month one and I dont want to stop taking it while I am away. I have no G.P here in Galway and my G.Ps in my small-home-town to which I do not frequent EVER!! are ALL Male! and useless! I also have no sisters and would not ask my mother to get a prescription of this type for me!
    Can I get Yasmin In Canada? How do I go about getting it?!
    Help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭corcaighcailin9

http://www.yasmin.com/html/index.html

If you click here you can check out about Yasmin properly. The US is one of the countries you can click so I presume it is available there.
    You could always ask your mother to get it for Acne / it keeps you regular maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭funkycat83

Thanks! never thought of looking for their site!
    My mother knew I was on dianette for my acne but never told her I changed. Since My GP at home didnt prescribe it doubt he would to my mother - for - me! Im thinking I may have to fork out the 50e doctor fee and try and get a 6 month prescription off a doctor in Galway somewhere!Suppose I really should get registered with a GP here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

They have family planning clinics in Canada yknow, where abouts are you traveling too ?

http://www.womennet.ca/directory.php

You might have trouble bringing 12 months of prescription drugs in the country you need to check that.

Going to Toronto first for 3 months.. see how that goes before I head anywhere else. Jeez i never thought about the not-being-allowed-bring-12-month-prescription!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

(Completely) different type of medication, but I brought 12 months worth of my prescription tablets with me when I went to Canada. Had them in my luggage, never mentioned them to anyone, but had a doctors letter to say I needed them just in case.

(Also had to get a letter from the Gardai to state that it was me in the passport photo cuz I looked so dramatically different!)

• Advertisement

thanks DamoElDiablo !
    thats what i would have done i.e put in luggage and say nowt! dont think anyone could get too high off a years prescription of contraceptive! ha ha

Advertisement