Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who here is sick of working want to spend all day in bed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Geff

Thats $188/day.

Goddamn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Geff wrote: »
    Thats $188/day.

Goddamn.

And all you gots to do Geffy is stay in bed for 90 days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Are you allowed special time with a female who is also participanting in the study?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

You'll have to pass the Air Force medical examination standards and take a blood test

Thats me out....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Homer: I, uh, don't think this contest is over yet Buzz. If that is your real name. I believe there is still a little something called the swimsuit competition.
    Buzz Aldrin: There's no swimsuit competition, Homer.
    Homer: You mean I shaved my bikini zone for nothing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I spent half the day in bed, how to I claim my moneys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

90 Days lying in a bed would be horrific. Certainly not worth $17,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Maybe if it was a bed in space.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

rb_ie wrote: »

Wouldn't you get sores from that? What about if you needed to use the toilet? :eek:

well to some people int he states im sure the 17000 wuld be mroe than enough and its suppossed to be horrific they want to see the damage it does tot he human body I didn't read too much of the site so Im not sure if they will help rehabilitate you afterwards becasue you wont be doing much after the 90 days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

So worth 17k!! You could spend the money on lipo to get rid of all the weight you put on for sitting on your ass doing nothing 3 months!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

90 days JUST lying in bed, like nathing else except eating, drinking and lying in bed. That would be tough.

lilmizzme wrote: »
    So worth 17k!! You could spend the money on lipo to get rid of all the weight you put on for sitting on your ass doing nothing 3 months!! :D
    its run by nasa so you'll probably get space food to eat:(

and the period afterwards trying to rebuild evey muscle in your body just so you can move will probably get rid of any excess weight if there is any.

but yeah at first glance seems great stay in bed

earn money

great plan
    :cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Joe Robot wrote: »
    Wouldn't you get sores from that? What about if you needed to use the toilet? :eek:

Yeah I'd imagine you'd get bedsores alright. The biggest problem would be your body muscle disappearing though.

Regarding the toilet, don't want to think about it but doing it for 90 days straight, whilst lying in a bed, is not worth a measly $17k.

Rob_l wrote: »
    well to some people int he states im sure the 17000 wuld be mroe than enough and its suppossed to be horrific they want to see the damage it does tot he human body I didn't read too much of the site so Im not sure if they will help rehabilitate you afterwards becasue you wont be doing much after the 90 days

You'd have to be an idiot, or extremely desperate, to let yourself be used for such a test for a measly $17k. The fact that you're lying there, wasting muscle and not burning fat at any decent rate will leave you in a heap after it, probably months of rehab.

I'm sure some American will do it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

There are a number of different studies that pay fairly good money in the local university. I think they pay per hour. I've done a few here. There are others that pay a flat fee for a few days to stay at their facility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

Yeah I'd imagine you'd get bedsores alright. The biggest problem would be your body muscle disappearing though.

You would only get besores if you lay in the same position for days at a time, you would have no problems in that regard if you alternated position reguarly. As for all your muscles wasting away, you can do plenty to avoid that without getting out of bed, just tensing and relaxing your muscles for exercise would be enough to stop significant muscle wasting. I'd imagine you would also have a cathater (cat hater? that can't be spelt right) and an equivelent system for your feaces. I don't think it would be that bad at all, apart from the boredom, but 17k, sh1t, I'd do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

slipss wrote: »
    You would only get besores if you lay in the same position for days at a time, you would have no problems in that regard if you alternated position reguarly

Participants will spend 90 days lying in bed, (except for limited times for specific tests) with their body slightly tilted downward (head down, feet up). Every day, they will be awake for 16 hours and lights out (asleep) for 8 hours.
    there goes the no bedsore thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 BetsyGray

If you spent 90 days in bed you are likely to emerge quite mucky.

The last time I had to spend any considerable length of time in bed I got very bored and to pass time... well... you know what happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Will there be cute female nurses who will give me a bed bath?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

Lol! Imagine the wasters that will turn up to trial for this! :D:D (not to mention the one's who'll arrive late!)

The Dude!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Havermeyer

Don't mock The Dude. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭truecrippler

Lol! Imagine the wasters that will turn up to trial for this! :D:D (not to mention the one's who'll arrive late!)

The Dude!

Shut the **** Up Mr_Roger_Bongos. :D

/end Walter.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

i wish i could work from bed....

kateos2 wrote: »
    there goes the no bedsore thing

Just says slightly tilted down, doesn't say you can't swap from lying on your front to lying on your back to lying on either side. So still no bedsores I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

It would be like torture, i don't think i could last more than 2 days in bed, what are they trying to conclude with these tests?

Ross_Mahon wrote: »
    It would be like torture, i don't think i could last more than 2 days in bed, what are they trying to conclude with these tests?

I presume its to get an idea on what astronauts going to mars and other places might have to expect, but then again its NASA and if they are curious about anything at all the tend to just do the experiment, like for sh1ts and giggles, and to have something to show for the funding that keeps getting pumped into them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I wouldn't take 17k to spend 90 days in prison and this is much worse. You'd feel the effects on your body for months afterwards. Complete disintegration of your bone desnity and muscle mass.

Advertisement