Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Underground vibrations

Options
  • 08-05-2008 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is causing that vibration feeling and sound that can be noticed at random places around the city? And no, it's not my motorbike!

Driving around on my bike, I keep noticing a very strong vibration coming from the road accompanied with a noticeable humming sound. It lasts maybe 20-30 seconds at a time and it's like the vibration you get from a hammer action drill as it drills into concrete.

At first I thought they were doing repairs, but it's too common and all over the city.

Any ideas, or am I delusional?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 geeksquad

i suggest you get back on your medication :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,908 ✭✭✭LostinBlanch

I have no idea, but if they had started boring the tunnel for the metro I'd say that was your answer right there.

I don't think they have though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Are you sure its not your bike ? :p

The only place I have noticed this up near the Hunstown Quarry at the back of Ballycoolin. I know its to do with the quarry so wouldn't think anything more of it.

The rest of Dublin I haven't a clue :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Feck. Its my rampant rabbit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

rofl

• Advertisement

rotflmaool(rollingonthefloorlaughingmyassoff).

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Feck. Its my rampant rabbit.

I'm soooooo tempted to invoke the BGRH "pics or it didn't happen rule ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Let me guess it's called "Thumper".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭santry_goonshow

Seriously though, I think its trucks roaring on streets that were never ever designed to take em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I felt rumbles last week, it was out near Rosemount. I think it was the blasting out in Huntstown quarry. But later on that day I was down in Blanch village and felt some strange rumbles with out any obvious reasons, like big trucks/busses going by.

• Advertisement

I felt rumbles last week, it was out near Rosemount. I think it was the blasting out in Huntstown quarry. But later on that day I was down in Blanch village and felt some strange rumbles with out any obvious reasons, like big trucks/busses going by.
    Probably the roadworks under the m50 bridge. Theres also testing going on in Dublin to determine the noise and vibration impact of the Metro. I dont know the exact details, just a small article I read in a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

This is vibrations lasting a good 10-20 seconds, and not rumbles as such.

I noticed it on Upper Leeson Street today and the junction with the canal.

Difficult to describe really, but it's like the vibrations you get from a pneumatic drill, but being used underground.

I wondering if there are sewers/tunnels that are being repaired/dug in various parts of dublin?

Advertisement