Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saabs - what is that flappy thing for?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,195 ✭✭✭

often wondered, just remembered to ask now - what is that thing, that some saabs have, that looks like a mudflap but it's in the middle of the car ??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

something to do with the under car aerodynamics and the prevention of build up of big clumps of ice and snow under the car in a Swedish winter

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

No idea what you're on about. Exterior?? interior?? front? rear?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

Flaps are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Take it to AH.:p

I also have no idea of what your taking about, pics anyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

ninty9er wrote: »
    No idea what you're on about. Exterior?? interior?? front? rear?

It's a flap on the underside of the car, about mid-way up. Seems to hang out of the chassis for no reason. (well as peasant explained there is one)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I'll take peasant's word for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭Victor_M

peasant wrote: »
    something to do with the under car aerodynamics and the prevention of build up of big clumps of ice and snow under the car in a Swedish winter

And to make you feel like you are destroying the car every time you go over a speed bump, but I think mainly the reason Peasant gave:D

Advertisement