Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is the difference between your asking price and selling price?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

The estate agents have been telling us porkie pies about selling prices - surprise surprise.
    And the Revenue won't tell us the the actual selling prices - ditto.

I have a suggestion. Let's find out for ourselves. Post your experiences here and take part in the poll.
    I think it might be good to allow anonymous posting such as is done on the personal issues forum. I suggest this because many people might not want their identities known (even if it is just their usernames) - particularly if they have found themselves in the unfortunate position of having to drop their prices. (What do you think, Mods?)

What was the difference between your asking price and your selling price? 5 votes

Under 10,000
    0% 0 votes
    10,000 to 20,000
    40% 2 votes
    20,000 to 30,000
    0% 0 votes
    Over 30,000
    60% 3 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭WhatsGoingOn

galwaybabe wrote: »
    The estate agents have been telling us porkie pies about selling prices - surprise surprise.
    And the Revenue won't tell us the the actual selling prices - ditto.

I have a suggestion. Let's find out for ourselves. Post your experiences here and take part in the poll.
    I think it might be good to allow anonymous posting such as is done on the personal issues forum. I suggest this because many people might not want their identities known (even if it is just their usernames) - particularly if they have found themselves in the unfortunate position of having to drop their prices. (What do you think, Mods?)

Can you add an option for above asking price?
    A friend of mine sold his house a few weeks ago for 10k above the asking price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Can you add an option for above asking price?
    A friend of mine sold his house a few weeks ago for 10k above the asking price.
    I would if I could figure out how to do it! There doesn't seem to be an edit option for the poll

• Registered Users Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You'd have been far better putting it in % terms, €30,000 is (relatively) nothing on a house selling for €2m+

astrofool wrote: »
    You'd have been far better putting it in % terms, €30,000 is (relatively) nothing on a house selling for €2m+
    I would be happy to make any changes but I can't figure out how to edit poll. can anyone point me in the right direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Only moderators can edit polls. How do you intend this poll to work? Based on houses sold or currently for sale? Something like this?

I am happy to sell for my asking price less 30%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price less 20%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price less 10%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus or minus 10%
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 10%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 20%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 30%+

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Only moderators can edit polls. How do you intend this poll to work? Based on houses sold or currently for sale? Something like this?

I am happy to sell for my asking price less 30%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price less 20%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price less 10%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus or minus 10%
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 10%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 20%+
    I am happy to sell for my asking price plus 30%+
    Hi Victor,
    I think something like that would be good but preferably
    I sold my house for my asking price less 30% etc

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭sadie9

Yes if you repost it using percentages that'd be a better indication.

How about:

The last house I bought/sold was:

>31% above
    21-30% above
    11-20% above
    1-10% above
    Asking price
    1-10% below
    11-20% below
    21-30% below
    31-40% below
    >41% below

to fit in with the 10 options (narrower bands might be nicer, but not possible with 10 options).

Also, to specify whether the asking price was the original or whether it had gone down/up since coming to market.

How about:

The last house I bought/sold was:

>31% above
    21-30% above
    11-20% above
    1-10% above
    Asking price
    1-10% below
    11-20% below
    21-30% below
    31-40% below
    >41% below

to fit in with the 10 options (narrower bands might be nicer, but not possible with 10 options).

Also, to specify whether the asking price was the original or whether it had gone down/up since coming to market.

That sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭beeno67

But you need to be able to say when you bought house. I bought a house in 5 years ago for 15% below asking price. Hardly relevant to todays market

• Advertisement

beeno67 wrote: »
    But you need to be able to say when you bought house. I bought a house in 5 years ago for 15% below asking price. Hardly relevant to todays market

No you don't, Estate agents have been lying for years. Also, my figures above are based on people who bought during/before/after the boom, I doubt anyone paid over the asking in the last year or so.

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Hi Victor,
    I think something like that would be good but preferably
    I sold my house for my asking price less 30% etc
    Hi Victor,
    would you be one of the said mods who can sort this poll out or do I need to pm someone?

Just make a new thread :)

Just make a new thread :)

Tis done and you'll find it here

Advertisement