Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crvena Zvezda-Red Star Belgrade

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

delija_sever029 by any chance are you in the Delije Ultras, always admired them.

No,i am not:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

No,i am not:D

:(

That makes me to be worse fan?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That makes me to be worse fan?:D

Not at all, just I collect Ultra stickers from groups all over the world and well you get my point.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

On a slightly smaller scale ;) Back to the stand with ye Kerash :)

Only slightly smaller!! I was tryin to big ye up, attract a few serbs;)

delija_sever029, I love reading your posts, best poster in the forum imo:D

kerash wrote: »
    delija_sever029, I love reading your posts, best poster in the forum imo:D

My pleasure to answer all questions about my club:D
    And by the way nice to see someone say that to me after they banned me from beer and guts and that ladies and gentleman bar coz i wasnt someone they know in real life:D
    Or maybe i am not lady or gentleman.....:D

Any other questions?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭guinnessdrinker

Sligo Rovers played Red Star Belgrade in the European Cup in the '77-'78 season losing 3 nil in both legs.

I'd love to have seen Red Star playing at the height of their powers though. I don't remember the 1991 European Cup final when they last won it. Well they ever make it to the group stages in the coming years do you think?

We played only one year after winning CL 1991. and that was 1992. and since than we dont have any participant in CL we play every year when we get title only till last 3rd qualification round and its still impossible we go through in group stages.Biggest problem is we are still as all other clubs state property,so when Yugoslavia were good country we had success,at same time country was destroyed and things were bad last 15 years same was with all clubs,country dont have money,no money for clubs,now everyone waiting for that law which will allow privatisation of clubs and Zvezda have a lot of interested people to buy it,good or not i dont know but worse than this cant be,you cant live and expect to make success if your only budget is what country give you plus money you get from selling players.We have history,great fans and not bad stadium so thats what can make club as good product to be sold.There were some rumours about russians,Abramovich's friends interested buying club but who knows,anyway everything need to wait new law and than we will see,till than club will keep fighting to stay in life

• Advertisement

And we lost title today:( Very bad season.....

Hard luck delija, bounce back next year mate.

Well if president of Partizan is at same time president of national association till the end of year coz of resigning the previous one....i must say the end of season had some weird results and games and this job isnt clear at all,and at same time against them in cup they negate our goal for viztory...They had 0-2 and in 2nd half we scored 3 goals in 15min and now see what referee said its offside on the link,later he said he was sorry and they suspended him forever,this was really funny,but that cant help us coz we instead 3-2 lost 2-3,and its all season like that....but nevermind,next year will be better i hope

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXJWS3142PI

And i forgot to say today rumour is that coach of NAC Breda is coming next week to negotiate about being our new coach,well dont believe in that coz we always have stupid rumours

On 3rd June for the 2nd time will be organised humanitarian concert on our stadium for North bank,where will bands and singers sing with fans our songs and chants,we started organising this last year after season ends and money of tickets will go to humanitarian fondations.Nice to see this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Have you seen the BBC documentary "Frontline Football" about Serbia-Montenegro's visit to Bosnia 3 or 4 years ago?

Plenty of interviews with Crvena Zvezda fans in it.

EDIT>For anyone interested: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=-226288307908312137&q=bosnia+vs+serbia]

• Advertisement

Just another propaganda video,Serbs bad guys and everyone else are like saints or something,why they didnt mentioned that same those muslims killed every single serb in Sarajevo?I am sorry but i am sick of these things made for propaganda and creating some history on lies,and if you can see those graveyards have crosses all over it,so i wonder whos burried there?Muslims?Officially more serbs are killed in Bosnia than everyone else so thats another evidence,sorry but video is just a political crap and has nothing to do with football except provocation.And about trying to show my club as some club of killers this is insane,its always easy to find few hooligan jerks and use their bull****s for your propaganda video,this means we are all like that?Anyone will tell me that British clubs doesnt have same groups of jerks making sh!its all around?That you dont have clubs who hate each other and organising fights?Anyway i know we have problematic groups but isnt that what all clubs have too?I just think they overreacted in this video and its not all like they represented.And about respecting Arkan,that hilarious,that guy was criminal and those jerks are lying,maybe 5 of them respect them but talking in the name of all of us is bullsh!t.And at the end we live in 2008. and what this have with things from last decade,its same like i start talking about english hooliganism now.yes,some things happened and its over,but i dont like making some lies around it now.I am against hooliganism,against everything bad and i am against it no matter whos making it,even we do i am not the one who will close eyes in front of it and say no,thats not true,i accept and admit things that happened but not when someone trys to make things bigger than they are.Another thing,its funny to say Bosnian team is multi etnical coz everyone knows only muslims can play there and maybe some croat if they allow it.And about problems,why they didnt showed buses with our team and fans leaving Sarajevo ruined and under attack of ambushes all the way home.
    And to make one thing clear,i respect all nationalities and religions as i am raised to be like that,i dont want anyone to think i hate someone,just i want to hear truth from both sides,and noone is innocent thats sure.Things that happened are bad and i still try to not pay attention on them,i hang out with croats and muslims without problem coz thats what i am,everyone are same to me and i am proud i came like that out of all this and i am not some sick bastard like lot of them is after all these things.But when we start talking about it i just want everyone to admit their mistakes and dodnt lie and admit we all made huge mistake.I would be happy we finnally leave everything behind and start from the beggining,and try to make things normal again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

great post... unlucky re losing the league.

As i already said theres still a lot of criminal in our football although they started cleaning it theres a lot of job to do,i am happy they are arresting all involved in suspicious things and hope they will continue,but if president of football association is at same time president of Partizan,national team coach came from Partizan,anyway they are controling main functions so this isnt surprise at all....and i already posted link how referees stole us victory in cup semi final....

This is outrage,our jerks fired a most talented young coach we had after a long time....now they will bring us some foreign coach that noone wants and give him few millions and fired him after 1 year or less....as always....

Dejan Milovanovic (RC Lens)
    Djordje Tutoric (Kocaelispor)
    Milanko Raskovic (Unknown)
    Dušan Basta (Udinese Calcio)
    Dušan Andjelkovic (Kocaelispor)
    Nenad Jestrovic (Kocaelispor)

Some more players left but not so important,it seems this turkish team wants to buy us:D

So far in club came some serbian players and 2 foreigners
    Ibrahim Somé Salombo (Lokeren)
    Edgar (FC Porto)

Have no idea about them.Also we are trying to bring back Kovacevic from Olympiacos but no success so far.Conclusion,i think we will be worst than last season...its just getting worse and worse.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Dejan Milovanovic (RC Lens)
    Djordje Tutoric (Kocaelispor)
    Milanko Raskovic (Unknown)
    Dušan Basta (Udinese Calcio)
    Dušan Andjelkovic (Kocaelispor)
    Nenad Jestrovic (Kocaelispor)

Some more players left but not so important,it seems this turkish team wants to buy us:D

So far in club came some serbian players and 2 foreigners
    Ibrahim Somé Salombo (Lokeren)
    Edgar (FC Porto)

Have no idea about them.Also we are trying to bring back Kovacevic from Olympiacos but no success so far.Conclusion,i think we will be worst than last season...its just getting worse and worse.....

I couldn't stop laughing for some reason.

Well its funny to me to,one team which i supose suck in turkish league bought 3 our players,its funny how we suck more and more every year,i pray someone will definily buy our club after privatisation law coz this became nonsence,now we dont even have what to sell coz roster sucks and they sold every talented player we had

Our midfield player Segundo Castillo,plays for national team of Ecuador also,negotiating with Blackburn about transfer,amount we should get for him is like 7,5mil but i think its gonna be less than that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Delija what is the average attendance for the Serbian National League, do you know?

Empty stadium:D

I was looking now,average is 2500 people per game but if you know that main game in championship is Partizan-C.Zvezda where you have 30 000-50 000 people,without that this average of 2500 per game would be 3 times lower,as i said its like they always play in front of empty stadiums

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

Am I right in think ye'll be in the Second Qualifying Round of the UEFA Cup this year?

Yep, 2nd qualifying round, seeded team

Maybe time to refresh this thread and move some queastions from Ronaldo's leaving thread:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Would you like Ronaldo to play for Red Star?

• Advertisement

Dude,wishes and reality are 2 different worlds,and that idea of you sounds funny,Ronaldo playing for us? Maybe in 20 years:D

Latest news is that our player Segundo Castillo will move to Everton after he failed to complete transfer to Blackburn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,984 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was just thinking back to this team. Savicevic or however you spell his name was a wonderful player who went on to AC Milan. There were others as well in that midfield and Pancev up front. A great great side. They were raped by the big clubs after that win.

eagle eye wrote: »
    I was just thinking back to this team. Savicevic or however you spell his name was a wonderful player who went on to AC Milan. There were others as well in that midfield and Pancev up front. A great great side. They were raped by the big clubs after that win.

I bet we would win CL next year also,but after they won it 1991. war started in Yugoslavia and team was sold,all players left country and went to big european clubs

i think we reached bottom as a club...

Same as every year we sold everything we could...they dispel all good sponsor we had,our good coach from last year and brought some old czech that have no idea but will listen what president and board will order...

In league which is same as scottish coz except Partizan and us,like Celtic and Rangers in Scotland noone else can win the league we managed to be 10th last team in league after 2 rounds,didnt win this year even not in a friendly...

And still the best part of this team ever,fans,15 000 of them came to watch on hard rain they beloved club they would die for....and they can see how some anonymous team from Cyprus have 0-2 in 70th min....

big anger on the stadium...i am pissed...fans offending everyone,board,president,everyone....and their voice is always the most important there and for respect coz they know how much they worth so i am sure this is the last evening for those people in chairs on our stadium and offices....

It seems they got scared of fans:eek:

In 10mins we came on 2-2:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Why aren't you at the game?

DSB wrote: »
    Why aren't you at the game?

Coz i dont live in Belgrade

3-2 for us in ET:eek:

haha hilarious 3-3 in 119.min we are out....

• Advertisement

Big match on sunday against partizan.Couldnt come in worst moment,we are total disaster and in biggest crisis in last 50 years,hope its gonna be better soon

In the meanwhile in cooperation with english authorities who works with us, Serbia made a law for hooligans same as english one is.huge problems with no punishments and that made hooliganism to raise last 10 years.

Last week 20 years old guy is sentenced on 10 years jail coz of punching police officer,we are very surprised with this coz till now something like that was usual,but not with the new law....

This is very bad news but if we wont to become safe as in England we need to do things like this one

As serbian press says,Red Star will send offer to Bohemians for Mindaugas Kalonas.

Is this guy any good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hes one of the best players Ive seen in the league. Very small but fast and skillful and scores goals. Prefers to play centre midfield but we've played him as striker or on the wing.
    He is out of contract and wants to move to England, on trial with West Brom this week but is interested in Red Star. http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/irish/red-star-join-chase-for-bohs-star-kalonas-1552032.html

hope we can do something to take him than,although i dont get how we can compete with english clubs...

Barcelona FC chairman special guest in Belgrade
    8 December 2008 | 16:36 | Source: B92
    BELGRADE -- Barcelona FC Chairman Joan Laporta has been the special guest at the first Red Star Forum, held at the Hyatt Hotel today.

The themes of today’s Round Table were links between various clubs, media relations, and the socio-economic aspects of sports clubs’ future existence.

Other guests at today’s Round Table included top sportsmen from Serbia and the region, while the event was addressed by, among others, the chairmen of Levski Sofia, Montenegrin Budućnost, Borac, Partizan, and Red Star.

At the post-meeting news conference, Laporta focused on the current state of affairs at his own club, the Champions League and the upcoming derby with Real Madrid.

“We’re only thinking about Shakhtar, and that’s the only opponent we’re interested in. We’ve got our hands burnt in the past when we’ve thought we were the better team... We’ll start thinking about winning the Champions League once we reach Rome, where the final’s to be held.“

At the end of the forum, Laporta presented Red Star Chairman Aleksandar Vlahović with a Barcelona strip, while Red Star basketball team coach Svetislav Pešić gave Laporta a commemorative Red Star badge.

Anyway,Olympiacos representatives couldnt come coz of the situation in Greece and some of the main subjects were models of future ownership for Red Star and other clubs coz next year they are going on the market after new law.

And Red Star is interested to do it in the way Barca did it.And btw Pesic is ex coach of Barca's basketball club,he won with them euroleague in 2003.

Old member from Belgrade is back to boards with his fav club after huge pause so just wanna greet all old and new members of the community,see you around again:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Old member from Belgrade is back to boards with his fav club after huge pause so just wanna greet all old and new members of the community,see you around again:)

How is things? :)

I'm always interested in those good old derbies, following websites like Ultras Tifo with passion :cool:

May I ask, do you know 'The Real Football Factories/Europe'? And how accurate is the report on Belgrade from your point of view? Thanks.

Not bad,hoping to get another round of good football chatting here,it was always good place for that :)

About thing you've mentioned in last line,not sure what is it about,some article they've made? When it comes to last derby played between Zvezda and Partizan,bastards were putting our stadium on fire -_-

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Jesus that's a username I haven't seen in a long time, welcome back!

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,060 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Only just discovered this thread.

Have fantastic memories of that Red Star era. They were so great to watch, fast and exciting, except for the CL final when they bored us to tears.

But I will not let that taint my memories of what was an extraordinary team.

I also remember watching them play Derry City at the Brandywell too, although a bit before that teams peak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Saw the videos of the last match on Ultras Tifo...mental stuff, apparently some Grobari fighting among each other?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDF9335354AD714F4

• Advertisement
Advertisement