Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Manhatten

Options
  • 08-05-2008 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi folks

On Saturday night after a club we went to go for the 4.00am fry in The Manhatten only to find it locked up.

This is the second time this has happened to me in recent weeks. Has it finally closed down (please God say it isn't so).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

its never been the same since 9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

What is a manhatten?

Ask yourself - could this be a regional question, which could have 90% of the AH population crying in frustration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

Dub6Kevin wrote: »
    Hi folks

On Saturday night after a club we went to go for the 4.00am fry in The Manhatten only to find it locked up.

This is the second time this has happened to me in recent weeks. Has it finally closed down (please God say it isn't so).

Did you do the secret knock on the door?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

The Manhatten is a late night (after midnight) cafe on South Circular Road. It only sells fried breakfasts and the door policy is best described as eccentric. It's a Dublin night-life institution.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Dub6Kevin

Rob_l wrote: »
    Did you do the secret knock on the door?

Yes I did but there was no sign of life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the gigs around on richmond street is still open but only ever eat the breakfast. its the only decent thing on the menu and avoid the wine/vinegar too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Dub6Kevin wrote: »
    The Manhatten is a late night (after midnight) cafe on South Circular Road. It only sells fried breakfasts and the door policy is best described as eccentric. It's a Dublin night-life institution.
    Manhattan ;)....and isn't it on Harcourt Road?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Manhattan ;)....and isn't it on Harcourt Road?

Jeeze, not like you to nit-pick a post here!.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Mairt wrote: »
    Jeeze, not like you to nit-pick a post here!.
    I know :o, apologies but the 'e' just looked ridiculous and was very distracting! ;)

It just so happens..........:)

TheManhattan.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

It just looks SO classy in that picture :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

BendiBus wrote: »
    It just looks SO classy in that picture :D

It looks like a freakin' crack den! :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

never heard of it myself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

my mate jude goes there all the time, im trying to get hold of him to see if its open right now

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭zeris

Tried it on Saturday (10th) and it was all locked up. A taxi driver parked up told us it was closed.

Went to Gigs around the corner. Will second the admiral and avoid the white "wine". Still, nothing like beans on toast at 0430 in the morning. Hmmm.

Advertisement