Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats wrong with my dl speed?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 4:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Im on a 3mb line which was working fine up until 2 weeks ago(200kb/sec+) when i had to format my laptop. Tried downloading something last night and i was getting speeds of 2.5kb/sec and no higher. All my pages are loading as normal.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Melion wrote: »
    Im on a 3mb line which was working fine up until 2 weeks ago(200kb/sec+) when i had to format my laptop. Tried downloading something last night and i was getting speeds of 2.5kb/sec and no higher. All my pages are loading as normal.

Any help appreciated.

Downloading how? It could easily have just been that particular source. Try one of the Linux ISO's from heanet.ie to and see what speeds that produces.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its everything i try to download

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

who is your isp ?

i had trouble with bad speed's a few weeks ago on my 3 meg BT connection and had to give them a call to get it sorted , speeds went back to normal and have stayed that way ever since.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Its with Eircom. The guy im living with tried his last night and it was downloading as normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Melion wrote: »
    Its with Eircom. The guy im living with tried his last night and it was downloading as normal.

Same broadband connection? If so, since this all started happening when you reinstalled your laptop, then that's the problem right there. Something ain't quite right. Do you use wireless or wired connection to the router? Wireless could be an issue if the laptop driver isn't installed properly or something else is wrong with it. Try a wired connection and do a speed test.

• Advertisement
Advertisement