Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab Engine Desgination on Bootlid - replacement numbers?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 5:14pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭

This is a long shot but I just bought a second hand Saab and the '2' on the bootlid of the '2.0t' is missing. I've crawled the net and google with every combination of wording but cannot locate replacements.

I thought elkparts were my best bet but I can find every other external accessory but this one.

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Why don't you try your friendly Saab dealer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Have you considered just removing the ".0t"? If you really want the script though, i'd do as peasant says and call a SAAB dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

peasant wrote: »
    Why don't you try your friendly Saab dealer ?

The simplest, easiest and quickest option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

crosstownk wrote: »
    The simplest, easiest and quickest option.
    And quite probably the dearest;)!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Thanks guys, Ebay ftw as there aren't any Saab dealers in my area. I might wait until I'm down in Dublin again and speak to one of them.

Otherwise I'll check out ebay. Cheers people.

I was considering removing the lot. Don't particularly mind if the engine spec isn't displayed. And one less thing some knob-jockey can prise off as has been done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Ring the dealer to get a price anyway. Some dealers will post the badge out to you. Also note that EBay isn't always cheaper.
    Recently I was looking to get a set of wheel centre caps for my alloys. EBay worked out €5 dearer!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

There's a SAAB dealer in Drogheda

Boyne Valley Cars
    Donore Road
    Drogheda
    Co. Louth
    Phone: 041 9878131

Advertisement