Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Application Unsuccessful?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I hate the course i'm doing at the moment (Environmental Health) and decided to leave. I applied to the cao in January and entered my choices.

I've just received a letter today from a course choice in Kevin St informing me that the course committee have reviewed my application and find me unsuccessful at this stage, i intend to follow it up tomorrow, but how is this? I'm not a mature applicant and isn't the cao a competition of sorts, where by if i have the points and fulfill the matriculation for that course, i should be allowed have the chance through the cao of securing a place?

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

Assuming your in first year/on the way to completing your first year ( or whatever yr your in) and your trying to gain entry to another course at the same year than perhaps you don't have enough credits (havn't complete enough modules) to gain entry.

However if its an option in the CAO and you have it as a top choice, you should gain entry* in August.

*If more applicants apply for it than there is places then clearly it will go to those with more points.

What course are you trying to get nyways?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 resc

Gazza22 wrote: »
    Hi,

I hate the course i'm doing at the moment (Environmental Health) and decided to leave. I applied to the cao in January and entered my choices.

I've just received a letter today from a course choice in Kevin St informing me that the course committee have reviewed my application and find me unsuccessful at this stage, i intend to follow it up tomorrow, but how is this? I'm not a mature applicant and isn't the cao a competition of sorts, where by if i have the points and fulfill the matriculation for that course, i should be allowed have the chance through the cao of securing a place?

:confused:

Are you looking to go into Year 1 of your new course? If so, it is the CAO who decide in August. It sounds like you applied through Round Zero of the CAO... can't really offer more advice until you give more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Irishtrekkie

well i know i used the CAO last year , to apply to the first year of a course in kevin street , and was sent a letter saying i got accepted in june , so well before the cao results come out, i guess this was because i had graduted from my previous course in another college . so i was given an early place ( i am NOT a mature student). i am guessing the unsuccessful letter might mean you are not been given an early place because of lack of credits from your other course or something like that maybe ?

Advertisement