Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to recall delivery before it arrives at destination - advice?

Options
  • 08-05-2008 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Simple story really. I have a laptop that was repaired but there was a mistake in the repair job so the company that fixed it arranged for TNT to pick it up at my house yesterday and bring it back to them in England.

Now here's the kicker: they went BUST this morning!! What I want to do now is cancel the delivery and get it back here to me because I know if the delivery is taken in by the company (name withheld!) I will never get it back.

I just rang TNT and after some initial hesitation the lady said she could contact their English office and get it returned to me. I'm still a little worried though because it wasn't even me that paid for this delivery although the laptop inside it is obviously mine.

Anyway, any thoughts for someone who might work for a delivery company or indeed anyone who has done this before? Also do you think would a bankrupt company with a "skeleton staff" actually accept my laptop if it was delivered to them?

P.S. Technically they are in Administration.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If it was a collection arranged by them and not a delivery arranged by you then I don't think there's much you can do unfortunitly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35 thehamok

TNT
    Maybe you will never see it again anyway.
    I heard recently that if you see TNT delivering anything to you make sure you open the package and examine the goods before you sign for it.

Interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

thehamok wrote: »
    TNT
    Maybe you will never see it again anyway.
    I heard recently that if you see TNT delivering anything to you make sure you open the package and examine the goods before you sign for it.

Interesting.

Thats the same for any company, DHL, UPS, TNT, SDS etc ... they could have played volleyball with the box before they delivered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks guys, it turns out that ringing them did the trick and they returned it to me. I also rang the local depot that it was to be delivered from in England just to make sure but the very helpful girl on the other end told me she already had a note about it on her system and it was on its way back to me. Received it yesterday.

At some stage someone opened the box to examine its contents, I have no idea why but nothing was tampered with.

All in all I have to say I found TNT very helpful. Everyone I talked to on the phone knew their stuff.

Advertisement