Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Civic engine swap

Options
  • 08-05-2008 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting an SiR engine swap for my 94 1.5LSI Civic, does anyone know how much it'd set me back? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭ramanujan

zero19 wrote: »
    I was thinking about getting an SiR engine swap for my 94 1.5LSI Civic, does anyone know how much it'd set me back? Thanks in advance

costwise, id imagine buying an sir would work out a lot cheaper. not even including the brakes and suspension upgrades you'd need.

that is unless you are a mechanic and can do the work yourself, but if you were you wouldnt be asking!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

i think ice tronix were doin it for 4500, me and the cousin put a sir engine into his gf's 95 lsi, was easy enough it cost him nothin in the end cos he bought a crashed one for 500 and sold the wheels and koni's out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭-Blanco-

go on to www.honda-tech.com lots of help/step by step guides on that, the yanks there do it all the time apparantly. Seems handy enough if you have the equipment and technical ability. Otherwise 4500 seems about right...probably would be better off just buying an sir...unless you've invested alot in the bodywork etc already..try ringing the tuning factory www.tuningfactory.ie and asking for a quote if you really want to go ahead with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

sir engine is worth more then an sir civic.... 2.4 accord engine, import from england , its worth every penny , just move your firewall back 2 inchs and have no passengers in the back.... 0-60 in high 4's :)

Advertisement