Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How're everyone's exams going?

• 08-05-2008 7:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭

I've two down and five to go. No bad surprises so far anyway. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,281 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Same with me really

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭sleepyescapade

Started today, went well, 4 more to go! Finished on the 28th!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Ekancone

megcork wrote: »
    Started today, went well, 4 more to go! Finished on the 28th!

shup, willow. :p

How original.

How original.

Jaysus, you have become quite narky.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

3 down, 3 to go, finished on friday whoop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Only 1 down. TBH the month off was a killer, I'm struggling to do any serious revision.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 IBeTheProphet

**** sake, Daithi and Meg, ye're proccers aren't ye?

Orizio wrote: »
    Only 1 down. TBH the month off was a killer, I'm struggling to do any serious revision.

Yeah, nothing worse that getting loads of time to get your **** sorted, ;).

Seriously, though, I'm the same, complete disaster for leaving things 'till the last minute.

Entered the exams hoping for an overall 2:1, now a pass will suffice.

****, I just got censored.

• Advertisement

**** sake, Daithi and Meg, ye're proccers aren't ye?
    Hmm, and who might you be? :O

Have Foundations of Computer Science in the morning :D

Yeah, nothing worse that getting loads of time to get your **** sorted, ;).

Seriously, though, I'm the same, complete disaster for leaving things 'till the last minute.

Entered the exams hoping for an overall 2:1, now a pass will suffice.

I already have a couple of IH's and 2.1's in the bag, was hoping to get firsts in both politics and history overall but won't happen. Hopefully my lack of study and terrible handwriting will still get me 2.1's. Anything lower then 2.2 in any subject will piss me off.

Got Political Corruption 2 at 9:30 am. tomorrow. Straightforward exam, although I haven't studied for it.

Am I the only one who think's this whole exam thing should have died in secondary school? You learn a lot more, and generally do more work, when doing essays.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Am I the only one who think's this whole exam thing should have died in secondary school? You learn a lot more, and generally do more work, when doing essays.

I'd agree with you but the workload for a lecturer in an essay only subject (assuming multiple 2,000 word essays which would be required) is far far higher than just an exam. If you then consider some classes being 100-200 people strong it becomes even more clear that they'd need a substantial increase in staff to take an essay only approach to all subjects. Since there isn't the money to do this, we're stuck with exams for the most part. With small classes it's doable but for some classes you'd need four or five lecturers to split the workload across.

I'd love to just be doing essays, I enjoy them to an extent. I detest doing exams and all the cramming and schedule crap that comes with them but I don't see a viable option for them unfortunately.

Have Foundations of Computer Science in the morning :D

Fairly confident that I passed this :cool:

Got a couple of questions:

Where exactly is Aula Maxima?

When will we get the exam results back, and will they be broken down by subject or module or both?

When will we get the exam results back, and will they be broken down by subject or module or both?

The place where registration was held.

Both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

it's the building attached to the quad with the statue on top.
    you can enter from the back right corner of the quad as you look from the library.

Late June for most people iirc and broken down by subject and module.

The place where registration was held.

Both.
    it's the building attached to the quad with the statue on top.
    you can enter from the back right corner of the quad as you look from the library.

I assumed as much, just wanted to make sure. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

4 down, 3 to go. I'm over the top of the hill at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I've 2 done, went ok. No 1H's but I passed 'em both which is all that matters! I have 5 left:( My next is Thursday and I can't settle down and study so it may not go too well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

I know (or strongly suspect) I'll be repeating one of em, but everybody I talked to said the same so I don't feel so bad. I've four left, no real worries about any of em.

PS sqaure igloo I totally know you :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 265 ✭✭Blarney92

4 down and 3 three to go- everything is fine so far. Only have a 5 credit economic module next week(on friday) so it should be plain sailing from here on in.

Now if only i could understand the budgeting process for tomorrow.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Fabio

One exam down and five to go, with one of those five coming up later this afternoon...Russian history.

My timetable is very very spread out which does make it hard to do very consistent study but then again consistency doesn't have to be key because of the amount of time I have.

Hopefully they'll all go fine!

I think I may have failed today:( Hopefully my CA mark will pull me up.

Fabio wrote: »
    One exam down and five to go, with one of those five coming up later this afternoon...Russian history.

My timetable is very very spread out which does make it hard to do very consistent study but then again consistency doesn't have to be key because of the amount of time I have.

Hopefully they'll all go fine!

How'd it go for you? I was a wee bit apprehensive going in, but pretty much nailed the question on Stalin's responsibility for the terrors (I hope) and did ok on the serf question.

What two did you do?

As an aside, what did you make of our lecturer for the year? I really pissed off with him, to be honest. Half the reason I chose Russian was because I heard good things about Geoff Roberts. It should really be made clear to students if the main guy isn't going to be around for the year. I mean, your man, muiris, seems like a sound enough bloke but he's no ****ing lecturer. Fiddling with the mic for 20 mins before beginning a lecture and then reading out an essay from jstor, before going off on tangent. He made going to lectures painful.

lol @ Russian History. Must be a cheerful subject. ;)

lol @ Russian History. Must be a cheerful subject. ;)

When you take away the serfdom, the torture, the famine and the murdering it's pretty much all hugs and kisses.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭Dimitri

4 down 3 to go. Not going great at all, passing them all right but that is all need to be doing a bit better seeing as it is for my final year! ohi lament the wasted year, especially seeing as i noted throughout the year that i'd be in this position and here i am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Four down and four to go, no major surprises yet although my cavalier attitude to studying isn't helping. We got today's exam paper 24 hours in advance though so at least that gave me some motivation to knuckle down. Up at half six this morning pulling it all together :( but I reckon it paid off. If I never talk about richness, reach and affiliation again in my life it'll be too soon..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭roberta c

I'm all finished as of yesterday :D
    dont really know what to do with myself, keep feeling guilty for some reason....

roberta c wrote: »
    keep feeling guilty for some reason....

Are you hungover?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,848 ✭✭✭bleg

finished wednesday but then have a ****ing osce the wednesday after

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

5 down and 4 to go... everything is going grand really.. come on vb now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 uskidsgo

4 down, 2 to go. First 2 were fine, 3rd was a bitch and 4th was fine again... Get through Wednesday and all the pressure will be gone cos my last one will be piss easy

• Advertisement

It is 3:02 a.m.
    I have an exam at 9.30 a.m.
    Being on Boards right now is probably not a good idea...

Im finished this time tomorrow :D trying my best to stay focused on the study today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭adamd164

It is 3:02 a.m.
    I have an exam at 9.30 a.m.
    Being on Boards right now is probably not a good idea...

Hah, how'd it go?

Well it, (along with all my other exams) can be summed up with one word - meh!
    Linear Algebra at 4.30 this afternoon and I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEE!!! :D:D
    (unless I have to repeat....but I hope it won't come to that)

Only a handful of hours until sweet, sweet freedom...

• Advertisement

Im free since yesterday :D

I'm FREE :D

FREEDOM!!!! Sweet sweet freedom! :D:D:D:D provided I don't have to repeat anything that is (fingers crossed)

Advertisement