Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

wobbly passat

Options
  • 08-05-2008 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭

:eek:

hello all,

have a '02 passat - i've noticed that it is wobbling a good bit at the back while driving - (ie) rolling from side to side - it isn't dramatic but just doesn't feel good to drive it.

anyway had the rear shocks changed but it's still not right. could it be bushes?
    and if so has anybody else experinced this.

it has 80k on the clock - comfortline model, petrol.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭Moanin

Warped wheel, low tyre pressure, or tracking out?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Could be a number of things from sidewall damaged or unevenly worn tyres to suspension bushings. The best advice is to have it checked. If you're due an NCT anytime soon it may show up any inadequacies.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I had this on an Alfa I was selling. The car was fine and I had two tyres changed and balanced on the rear changed just before a girl and her father came to see it.
    The purchaser wanted to take it for a drive on the M50 (fair enough) and the flipping rear started to shim (badly) at 60mph. Needless to say, she didn't sell!
    I got it home and swapped the tyres over and brought it out for a razz- no issue!

I phoned the potential client back, but her father (being a taxi-driver) told her that it was crashed and I was a dodgy geezer (or something) because she gave me the cold shoulder.

I flogged it to a guy who was only too delighted to have such a mint condition boxer engined specimen. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Oilrig

Sounds like trailing arm bushes, not really a DIY job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

Could also be wheel balance. Best to start with the easy stuff first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement